Author Topic: Marketing  (Read 2853 times)

rogerabc

Marketing
« on: December 16, 2017, 02:56:24 pm »
Just wondering if there is any plan to market a more finished looking pilot aware device to non hobbyists pilots (at a higher price point).

uAvionix SkyEcho detects less but wins the fashion show & that may win over many potential PAW users......

rogellis

• welcome to the PilotAware forum
    • View Profile
Re: Marketing
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 08:32:45 pm »
This is the biggest drawback with the PAW package. 

Firstly, I want a single unit with a single plug.  I can deal with a plug, but I cannot repagage electronics. 

Secondly, the more wires, plugs and leads, the less reliable the equipment.  95% of electronic failures are poor connector problems.

R

exfirepro

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2017, 11:53:30 am »
Hi guys,

I have to say that having run with the PAW Classic and equivalent ‘home built’ units before that for well over 2 years now, and also ‘experimented’ with an ‘all in one box solution’ as described by others on this Forum, there is in my opinion a good case for BOTH options.

The ‘single box’ provides a ‘one connection solution’, which is neat and tidy and can be easily and quickly transferred between different (e.g. ‘Club’) aircraft, while...

The ‘Classic’ is my preferred option for permanent or semi-permanent fitting, because it readily allows the use of remote antennas, GPS Mouse and connections to transponder (for ADSB-Out) and FlarmMouse (or equivalent) for Direct FLARM Detection.

Best Regards and Merry Christmas

Peter

rogellis

• welcome to the PilotAware forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 05:44:44 pm »
Hi guys,

The ‘Classic’ is my preferred option for permanent or semi-permanent fitting, because it readily allows the use of remote antennas, GPS Mouse and connections to transponder (for ADSB-Out) and FlarmMouse (or equivalent) for Direct FLARM Detection.

Oh, I dont mind external aerials. I can deal with those.  But just give me a box and wires (12v in, and a few hard-wired aerials out).  I dont want to know what is going on inside, nor fiddle with anything.  And have everything inside hard-wired, not with connectors everywhere. 

Connectors = trouble, always.  And usb connectors are simply not suitable for aviation.  They need a screw fixing, or wire locking.   And that ADSB aerial is just asking for trouble, as the lead is always falling out.  At least the PAW aerial is firmly screwed in.   70% of the snags on a Boeing are bad electrical connections, both sensing and commanding. And that is with connectors the size of your fist. 

R