Author Topic: What do the PAW LED's indicate - anything useful for a semi permanent fix ?  (Read 2037 times)

peter843

Hi all,
My first post.
I am fitting my PAW Classic into an old avionics chassis so that I can make a semi permanent fitting in one of the spare avionics slots in a PA28. Still using Anker USB charger and connecting audio to aircraft mic socket (ie not hard wired).

So I fitted the PAW unit to a front panel of a chassis and them brought out the SMA antenna , power and audio connections to the front panel so I can easily and tidily set up the unit and leave it in the plane.

It works ok but my main problem is knowing if its powered up successfully or not. I can wait for the GPS flashing light , but it would be good to bring out some of the LEDs from the PAW board to an LED on the front panel.

Looking in the documentation it's not clear what the 4 LEDs on the PAW board do ie:

L1
L2
TXL
RXL.

Does anyone know what they mean and if they are in anyway useful to wire up to a LED on the front panel ?

Thanks
Peter

Admin

Hi Peter & welcome!

TXL and RXL probably speak for themselves they indicate a Transmitted or Received PilotAware traffic packet respectively

L! & L2 indicate whether an interface seems to be working correctly, and are actually replicates on the Home page, you will see a red/green indicator agains the ADS-B, Barometer, GPS Entries

if it flashes all green - all is OK, for any red flashes, you can check the Home page for the status

Thx
Lee