Author Topic: End feed dipole  (Read 2783 times)

SimonM

End feed dipole
« on: December 01, 2017, 07:29:16 am »
In the products for sale is an end feed dipole... Is this for 869.5MHz?
I've only gone and lost mine and need a replacement!!

Keithvinning

Re: End feed dipole
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 08:44:42 am »
Yes
Either the end feed dipole or the centre feed dipole is for 869.5 ie PAW transmissions

SimonM

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 10:03:19 am »
Thanks Keith, I've placed the order and hopefully it will be processed and arrive by Monday morning  :).

A point to note is that the order form is not a secure web page. Any information added (name, address, etc) could be compromised.

Is there any other way to place an order other than going through the website?

Ian Melville

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 12:36:21 pm »
I think we need to speak to the website developer. As a minimum it should be https.

Kevin W

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 03:00:28 pm »
Hi All

The perceived need for HTTPS for transmission of name and address data does intrigue me.

Your name is associated with your address in so many places that would be far easier to access than trying to capture the exact HTTP packets you needed from a core internet router to get that data.  Even if someone did capture that association I am not sure what value it would give?

I know in Social Engineering situations every bit of data counts - but if someone is determined to target You, they will get the data they need pretty much however many precautions you are taking.

Alternate opinions welcome!

Cheers
Kev

JCurtis

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 06:56:27 pm »
Remember there is also the need to comply with the Data Protection rules, even things as mundane as a name and address.  Any holder of such data has a legal obligation to look after that data.  The new General Data Protection Regulations are a step up from the previous generation, and more stringent over accountability etc. 
A riveting read for those interested.
Designer and maker of charge4.harkwood.co.uk, smart universal USB chargers designed for aviation.  USB Type-A and USB-C power without the RF interference. Approved for EASA installs under CS-STAN too.