Author Topic: Pi 2 B version 1.2 not working after new software installed  (Read 3271 times)

mo0g

Pi 2 B version 1.2 not working after new software installed
« on: September 15, 2017, 01:17:48 pm »
I have a self built PAW unit, with v1.2 of the Pi2B.

When I built it the current 'normal' PAW didnt support the v1.2 and I obtained the latest code which did support it, this was back in Feb and I assumed that the new released software would work on both.

However, I have just done a clean install of 20170721, and it seems I still need a 'special' version to work with the v1.2 pi's?  I say this because the software doesnt recognise anything plugged into it, 5 red squares (ads-b, TRX and GPS all show as disconnected/unavailable.

Could someone please confirm this is the case, and send me a link to the latest working software?

Thanks

Mark

PS By 'clean install' I mean that I removed all the partitions and re-formatted the SD card (after copying down my config).

mo0g

Re: Pi 2 B version 1.2 not working after new software installed
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 01:32:18 pm »
Further update, the logging shows "license fail" followed by 4 x ### Flash Lx ### entries.

The system time/date is wrong, it shows July 21 2017, but when I googled this is to be expected until a GPS unit is attached, when the date/time should be corrected.

When I installed the software this time I had nothing attached, and I since assumed that the GPS would work and update the date/time, and this would enable the serial to show as valid, but could it be that the software requires the gps to be attached during set up, so it can set the date and THEN validate the serial, and if that isnt the case everything is effectively disabled?

I will try the install again from scratch, this time with everything attached.

The odd thing is that even if the date were 21st July, my license would/should have been valid anyway!

mo0g

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 02:08:47 pm »
Okay - issue was a typo in the license key!

Once that was corrected all the dongles were detected and the date was updated.

Just in case anyone has a similar issue.

exfirepro

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 02:56:49 pm »
Hi Mark,

Glad you got it sorted. I had just read the first post and was beginning to think I was in a time loop, then realised you had got it working.

Regards

Peter

grahambaker

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 04:49:49 pm »
Okay - issue was a typo in the license key!

Did you substitute an 's' for a 'c'?  :P

Ian Melville

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 04:54:48 pm »
 ;D

mo0g

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 05:35:46 pm »
Yes, I was insensed ;)