Author Topic: Skydemon unable to connect to PAW server  (Read 2336 times)

peter843

Skydemon unable to connect to PAW server
« on: August 25, 2017, 11:35:18 am »
Hi. My PAW  has been working fine. Now I think after  skydemon update, which now offers flam and pilotaware in its connectivity set up, I can't get skydemon to communicate. Unable to connect to PAW server. Anyideas. Is this a known issue.

I can log on to 192.168.1.1 no problem home page attached shows all is well. And the traffic radar works fine.

exfirepro

Re: Skydemon unable to connect to PAW server
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 12:09:07 pm »
Peter843,

The new SkyDemon 'Use PilotAware' data option uses a system called 'UDP' which requires a 'dynamic' IP address and will not work if your WiFi connection is set to use a 'Static' IP Address (check by clicking on the 'i' symbol next to the 'PilotAware' option in your pad's WiFi options list). If you want to use the PilotAware connectivity option you must ensure the PilotAware WiFi is set to 'DHCP'.

Next select 'PilotAware' in SkyDemon/Settings/Connectivity Options and save the setting. When you press 'Go Flying' you will be presented with the 'Use PilotAware' option.

Alternatively, you can if you wish continue to get your PAW data via 'TCP' using the FLARM protocol as before - in which case you need to select 'FLARM' in SkyDemon/Settings/Connectivity Options and add the connectivity key 6000, then when you press  'Go Flying' you will be presented with the 'Use FLARM' option.

This should solve your problem

Regards

Peter R
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 01:26:30 pm by Admin »

Ian Melville

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 12:37:41 pm »
Peter also needs to update the version of software on his PAW? 23rd  Feb looks quite old and won't support UDP output.

Admin

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 01:28:00 pm »
Hi peter843,

Your Pilotaware version is too old to support using SkyDemon/PilotAware connectivity

You can either upgrade the PilotAware sofware, or
Continue to use the Flarm connection method

either is fine

Thx
Lee