Author Topic: Motor Glider & Mode S Radar Screen  (Read 2495 times)

huddart33

Motor Glider & Mode S Radar Screen
« on: August 21, 2017, 05:03:13 pm »
I set my device to as a Motor Glider, it shows up on PW/OGN as a helicopter. I reset it to a Glider and it shows up as a Glider - some glitch in the software.
I can see a Mode S aircraft in the listings but NOT on the RADAR Screen or in SkyDemon, I realize that Mode S doesn't give out bearing information but I would
have thought it should give some sort of warning - I was 500' from the Mode S a/c (I was in communication with it and we had arranged the test beforehand).
The same aircraft was also fitted with PowerFlarm and I couldn't see that (I was near a PilotAware / OGN Uplink station - I had just fitted it and was testing), there
were two gliders near by and Skydemon displayed them OK using Flarm.  Any idea's

Admin

Re: Motor Glider & Mode S Radar Screen
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 05:12:10 pm »
Hmmm motorglider sounds like a bug, I will investigate

Regarding mode s, can you post a screenshot of your config page, and also, have you enabled bearingless targets in skydemon?

Thx
Lee

Ian Melville

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 09:20:46 pm »
Lee, is it still nessesary to register your aircraft hex code and call sign on OGN? If you haven't, would that stop you getting glider traffic alerts?

Admin

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 10:28:08 pm »
Lee, is it still nessesary to register your aircraft hex code and call sign on OGN? If you haven't, would that stop you getting glider traffic alerts?

Hi Ian
All the ogn registration does, is show your tail reg on glider-net, otherwise you appear as a hidden reg

Thx
Lee

huddart33

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 03:45:57 pm »
Lee & Ian

I hadn't ticked bearingless targets (I have now). I have also registered my ICAO 24bit code on OGN.
Thanks for your help, I will give it a go at the weekend.
Malc