Author Topic: Spurious contacts  (Read 7793 times)

G-JBVP

Re: Spurious contacts
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2017, 11:12:48 am »
Lee

PDF's of various screenshots attached.

2 of 2 posts

Brian

Admin

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2017, 12:38:16 pm »
Hi Brian

Config settings all look good.
Are you able to supply the track file for your flight ?

Under the Track option
thx
Lee

G-JBVP

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2017, 02:13:25 pm »
Hi Lee

Didn't fly today just ran these off while I was at the airfield, will send track log next time I fly

Brian

Ian Melville

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2017, 04:05:19 pm »
You can download old track logs for flights when you experienced the issue.

G-JBVP

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2017, 08:59:50 am »
Hi Lee

Have downloaded a couple of tracks but files to big to send over the forum, can you send me your email address for me to send them over.

FYI flew for 4+ hrs yesterday and only had one of these spurious contacts about an hour into the first leg of my flights so leave it with you as the whether it's worth spending any more time investigating.

Brian

exfirepro

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2017, 12:24:41 pm »
Brian,

Since we first released the original Mode C 'Beta', Lee has done a considerable amount of work to reduce spurious alerts, as a result of which these are now much less prevalent than with the original Mode C software. Work on this issue is however still ongoing to try to improve things even further, so track files indicating spurious alerts will all be useful.

The best method of transfer for large files is to put them in 'Dropbox' (you can set up a limited size Dropbox account for free). Put the files you want to allow access to in a folder and PM a link to that specific folder to 'Admin' (or anyone else) via the 'Messages' Board. (Right click on the folder and you will see an option to 'Copy Dropbox Link'). If your Dropbox gets too full, you can just delete files or move them over to store elsewhere on your PC or wherever.

Regards

Peter
(PilotAware Engineering)

G-JBVP

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2017, 04:31:57 pm »
Peter

Not that familiar with Dropbox but I think I have done it, should be 3 track files

Brian

Ian Melville

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2017, 05:44:42 pm »
Have you sent the three links to Lee?

exfirepro

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2017, 07:46:12 pm »
Or just one link to the folder containing the 3 track logs ;)

Hopefully Lee will acknowledge receipt.

Peter

Keithvinning

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2017, 09:46:32 pm »
Hi Chaps

Please excuse Lee if he doesn't respond in his usual brilliant way but he is on holiday this week.  8)