Author Topic: New Stations Added  (Read 94535 times)

exfirepro

Re: New Stations Added
« Reply #240 on: August 22, 2020, 10:18:47 pm »
I assume you had a harness and fall arrestor on !  ::)

Might have if I had planned it better, though without a skyhook there would have been nothing suitable to connect to - except the same pole I tied the ladder to, so (after risk assessment of course) I decided instead to improvise and rely on a long working life with and from ladders and put my trust in my training and about 8 heavy duty cable ties. I have to say, I never felt in any danger - it was just hard work doing everything from a vertical ladder in today’s strong gusty wind - and reminded me I’m not getting any younger! :-\

That's the newer Trident style offering with PoE, isn't it?

Not quite Steve - my ‘interpretation’ of an earlier version powered by a 20volt laptop psu, reduced to 5volts at the top by a ‘hard-wired’ Anker lighter socket adaptor.

Regards

Peter

neilmurg

« Reply #241 on: August 30, 2020, 02:39:12 pm »
Thanks guys. I'll just let it keep going 24/7, so I will try and think of some other use for the snazzy new timer  :)
I bought one as well so if you need 2 snazzy new 7 day electronic timers with battery backup....

exfirepro

« Reply #242 on: August 30, 2020, 10:49:50 pm »
Handy as burglar deterrents - as long as you can throw them accurately.  :-\   :-[

Regards

Peter

neilmurg

« Reply #243 on: August 30, 2020, 11:16:38 pm »
We got burgled last Nov, so nothing left worth stealing. Interestingly it was a Chilean gang from Santiago, bloody foreigners are even out-competing us in crime.
I blame the EU... (?)

Kurt37

« Reply #244 on: September 03, 2020, 09:01:40 pm »
Hi all,

new station up and running in Germany: EDDG / PWEDDG.
It was an OGN/Flarm station and is now upgraded to PW, using the existing Flarm antenna und cable.
View to south is great, to the north it is obstructed by some trees and hills.
https://ibb.co/z7zwvXp

A big thank you to Ashley and Keith for the great support!
More stations to come.

Patrick

Kurt37

« Reply #245 on: September 18, 2020, 04:53:33 pm »
Hi again,

New station in Germany, Meppen1 up and running. It was built from scratch, there was no Flarm station before.
Currently it is without the Flarm antenna, which is still on order. Mlat range looks to be good with 50km at 2000ft.

Update: All three antennas are now up and at their final position. It was quite difficult to get those antennas up there, since there were not allowed to be attached to the roof or visible from the front of the house. https://ibb.co/1RT2FBX.

Kind regards,
Patrick
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 07:01:10 pm by Kurt37 »

exfirepro

« Reply #246 on: October 10, 2020, 09:42:07 am »
Hi All,

Another new PAW ATOM-GRID Station went live yesterday. PWPwick near Tarbolton overlooks Prestwick Airport and the busy ‘Kilmarnock Corridor’ between Prestwick and Glasgow. It also has a clear view out over the Firth Of Clyde and North Channel to County Antrim. Antennas are still indoors at present, but the station is already receiving traffic. Once Graeme gets the antennas up on the roof this should prove an extremely beneficial addition to the network north of the border.

Well done to Graeme Park (and to Keith for supplying the kit).

Best Regards

Peter

UlyFlieger

« Reply #247 on: October 27, 2020, 02:40:53 pm »
hello pilotaware team, my PWHohelohe station has been permanently online since 2020-10-09. Greetings from DE UlyFlieger

Keithvinning

« Reply #248 on: November 01, 2020, 10:27:18 am »
Thanks Uly

I have sent you a PM

Thanks for your support in Germany

Keith

Ian Melville

« Reply #249 on: November 02, 2020, 01:43:52 pm »
Interesting station name, you can yodel it  :)

Kurt37

« Reply #250 on: April 11, 2021, 04:22:40 pm »
New Station in Germany went online yesterday

PWlsvpbg

Its located onroute to the popluar German north coast islands (e.g Norderney) at a glider airfield. We just need to fix a faulty SDR and then everything should be running fine.

@German OGN/Flarm User + Pilots. PAW and Atom Stations have been increasing, especially in the NW of Germany. It would be great to see similiar coverage than in the UK here in this area.

Kind Regards

Patrick

trident

« Reply #251 on: July 13, 2021, 11:09:36 pm »
Hello all,

PWLongSut has been down for a week or so and today I finally managed to get the box down off the mast for some troubleshooting. The problem has been caused by a failure of the SD card which had corrupted the software. After several attempts at reformatting the card, reinstalling the software and trying to get it to run I gave up and used a new SD card.

The system is now working again on the bench, but I'm having issues with entering the settings as it seems on running "config" I don't get the "Y/N" options as they just scroll past on the screen without stopping. I managed to put my email address in but can't set the station name, lat/long, height etc. I'll have another try asap but if anyone has any thought on the problem, please let me know.

Regards,

Frank.

Admin

« Reply #252 on: July 14, 2021, 08:21:29 am »
Hi Frank
There was a glitch  :(
Please try downloading and installing again

Alternatively you can install live by reboot and issuing the command

reinstall

(Takes upto 20 mins)
Please let us know the outcome

Thx
Lee

trident

« Reply #253 on: July 14, 2021, 12:16:12 pm »
Hi Lee,

Thanks for the info.

Live update done and data re-entered. All working now on the bench OK so just need to get the gear back up on the mast, probably Friday with luck.

Regards,

Frank.

trident

« Reply #254 on: July 15, 2021, 01:47:33 pm »
Just a couple of quick questions:

1. Name to enter on the config screen; is it "PWLongSut" or just "LongSut" ? Can't remember as it's been a year since I did it last time.

2. I need to buy another couple of SD cards, but read somewhere (although can't find it now of course :'( ) which brands are good and which aren't so good? I'll avoid the dodgy Chinese ones but stick with branded Kingston, SanDisk etc.

Thanks,

Frank.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 01:52:11 pm by trident »