Author Topic: New Stations Added  (Read 94448 times)

Ian Melville

Re: New Stations Added
« Reply #180 on: March 18, 2019, 01:56:25 pm »
Cool name, no prizes for guesing why it’s called that. 😀
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 06:41:01 pm by Ian Melville »

exfirepro

« Reply #181 on: March 22, 2019, 02:00:00 pm »
Hi All,

Not a 'New' station, but we finally moved PWEfortun (East Fortune OGN-R) from inside the clubhouse caravan (on small antennas) to its permanent site inside the hanger yesterday  - with full external antennas on the hangar roof (see photo - now that's what I call a 'Trident' Keith).

We've still to do some tidying up of the cabling as we are anticipating a new microwave broadband link being installed next week, but the station is already showing good 1090 MLAT coverage and pulled in a glider from Portmoak this morning (43 Kms), despite several closer OGN stations, so OGN performance is looking good. The wind is currently 30G42Kt so no PAW traffic flying at the moment, but it's still early days.

Best Regards

Peter
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 09:43:58 pm by exfirepro »

AlanG

« Reply #182 on: March 22, 2019, 07:15:26 pm »
Ya mita taken a new foti when they were ALL wired up.   ;D

exfirepro

« Reply #183 on: March 22, 2019, 09:37:12 pm »
Hi Alan,

I wondered who would be the first to notice.  :-\  (I might have known)

(As you are well aware... ) ...it was pitch dark by the time we finished the setup yesterday evening, so I used a photo taken on Monday - before we added the cables to the PAW and 1090 antennas - Sorry  :-[. I will swap in a new photo when I get one.

Regards

Peter

p.s. just for comparison and to balance things up, here’s a photo I took today of Alan’s smart new outdoor antenna setup on PWEdinbuW (with cables)!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 09:40:04 pm by exfirepro »

Vic

« Reply #184 on: April 16, 2019, 08:08:55 pm »
Andrewsfield (EGSL) is up and Running. Bit of a fiddly job due to poor estimation on RF cable lengths (not Keiths fault!) and having to run a new ethernet cable up to the tower and install a small switch but Overall it went well.

Antennas. A bit cramped but the best we could do

ADSB Reception is impressive

Quite hopeful for this site as the elevation is the highest place around for at least ten miles. Watching a club 152 depart however. on the 360Radar, we lost it less than a mile out. I think the PAW sits on the coaming and the antenna is allowed to flop down. Results on the OGN site are already starting to look a bit more promising.

One observation though, on 360Radar, the PAWs label on the ground didn't show any callsign, just their height. This was both from the departing 152 whose Reg didn't show until he was about half a mile out, and my Rosetta that I had in the tower with me.

Vic
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 08:11:55 pm by Vic »

Keithvinning

« Reply #185 on: April 20, 2019, 05:23:37 pm »
Hi Vic

Look's like a great job.
I can get you more cable if you need it when I get back.
Also looks like the issues that you are having are configuration based
The PAW tracked today from Frinton on Sea to Bury St Edmunds shows good PAW Range in that direction.
Lets talk when I get back

Thanks again for your help

Cheers

Keith

steveu

« Reply #186 on: October 16, 2019, 11:17:42 am »
PWEgerton is up and running.

peter.seddon

« Reply #187 on: October 29, 2019, 09:03:18 am »
OGN-R Firbank and PWFirbank is now up and running, antenna upgrade soon to post at roof height. Shows up on Glider Tracker but not on Pilot Aware map yet. Also is on spot the gliders.
Peter S
G-DDLA

EricC

« Reply #188 on: October 29, 2019, 04:50:03 pm »
Paw circuit traffic EGNH.

EricC

« Reply #189 on: October 29, 2019, 05:17:40 pm »
FirBank

cheeky172

« Reply #190 on: November 14, 2019, 02:47:06 pm »
The OGN-R at Nottingham Tollerton went live on the 14th of November with the callsign EGBN
Thanks to Keith for all the support in getting the beast running.
Should have the screen running in the tower prior to to the end of the year.

Regards
Neil

exfirepro

« Reply #191 on: November 15, 2019, 10:56:14 am »
OGN-R Firbank and PWFirbank is now up and running, antenna upgrade soon to post at roof height. Shows up on Glider Tracker but not on Pilot Aware map yet. Also is on spot the gliders.

Hi Peter,

I have added it to the PilotAwares Map for you. Keep up the good work.

Best Regards

Peter Robertson

rogellis

• welcome to the PilotAware forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 30, 2019, 08:43:24 pm »
Hi all,

I have finally got the Long Mynd station up on the new tower and working properly.  From this high point, we can see from Birmingham to the Welsh coast, and from Whitchurch to the Brecon Beacons.

I have also added a small ADSB antenna, but no idea if it is working.  It is a bit shaded by the (huge) anemometer, which I presumed was plastic but turned out to be 1950s metal (and still going....).  Can anyone see if the ADSB bit is working?

Roger

« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 08:55:14 pm by rogellis »

Moffrestorer

« Reply #193 on: December 01, 2019, 12:49:54 am »
Wow Roger, that’s much more like it! I always thought there was a problem with PWMynd and actually voiced this concern in the past to Keith Vinning, particularly because of the site’s elevation. Should nicely infill the gap in coverage to the North of Shobdon where that station’s coverage is masked due to higher ground.

Thx,

Chris

peter.seddon

« Reply #194 on: December 01, 2019, 11:23:23 am »
New station EGNL is now up and running to supplement the UKBRW station, it connects to the internet via a 3G WiFi dongle. I note that it has already updated to the latest software overnight as I installed it yesterday (Saturday). NOTE its position is not correct and needs to be adjusted slightly as the antenna is not in the middle of the airfield but on the corner of the clubhouse. I'll do that next Sunday when I'm back at the club.
Peter S
G-DDLA