Author Topic: New Stations Added  (Read 95490 times)

AlanG

Re: New Stations Added
« Reply #165 on: November 15, 2018, 10:12:11 pm »
PWEdinbuW is now up & running. Only in my loft just now And battery powered for testing purposes as currently no permanent power up there.

Alan

exfirepro

« Reply #166 on: November 16, 2018, 07:57:29 am »
PWEdinbuW is now up & running. Only in my loft just now And battery powered for testing purposes as currently no permanent power up there.

Alan

Congrats Alan - OGN-R No.2 in Scotland - How in the UK, Keith??

Must get PWBalerno back up and running - hopefully very soon and then we can concentrate on the Airfields where we have already got approval to install !!

Might be able to do a 'fly-by' today with FLARM Alan if you can leave it running.

Best Regards

Peter

p.s. I have added you to the 'PilotAwares' Map.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 08:07:40 am by exfirepro »

Cottie

« Reply #167 on: November 18, 2018, 04:58:52 pm »
Hi Keith,

I upgraded my aerials earlier in the week.

I am suffering from them being in the loft at the moment as coverage out to the west is a bit weak (about 8-10km range) but I can see both FLARM and PAW in the Barton circuit which is 38-42km out to the north west.

I will see about getting them moved outside onto the roof, hopefully then I should be able to provide coverage from the south end of the Manchester Low Level corridor.

Iain
PWLymm

Keithvinning

« Reply #168 on: November 19, 2018, 01:18:41 pm »
Hi Iain

Thats great

Being in the loft is always problematical because of the attenuation usually from the tiles.
Also very few stations have a range that is the same through 360 degrees. PWCrowlan is one that is an exception to this.
When you get them outside they will be better
However if you are getting 34Kms in the loft that looks good for the future

Cheers

Keith

Positiv

« Reply #169 on: November 20, 2018, 06:08:42 am »
Hello
PWUEHRDE is online
thx
Keith

Vince

« Reply #170 on: December 05, 2018, 09:30:26 pm »
Used 140MBytes this month so looks like the free 200MB per month SIM will do.

Sign up to Stranded Flyer to assist your fellow aviators in those difficult situations.

www.strandedflyer.net

Vince

« Reply #171 on: January 20, 2019, 05:45:24 pm »
CalneW has been moved to Lydeway which is now up and running.

http://ognrange.onglide.com/#Lydeway,max,today,51.27454_-1.88070,11,#80000040:#008000ff,circles;

I will now need to build a setup for CalneW but have most things except pi & radio board. I may temporarily use my Rosetta so I can test the Mode-S/3D OGN-R software.
Sign up to Stranded Flyer to assist your fellow aviators in those difficult situations.

www.strandedflyer.net

Keithvinning

« Reply #172 on: January 22, 2019, 01:59:43 pm »
Hi Vince

I will send you a PI and RADIO board FOC for CalneW.

Cheers

Keith

Vince

« Reply #173 on: January 25, 2019, 09:22:49 pm »
CalneW now back up with the complimentary Pi & radio board, thanks Keith. Will see about getting an external 1090 antenna erected this weekend.

www.strandedflyer.net

Ben Smith

• Engineering
  • Glider pilot, electronics engineer and Beekeeper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 02, 2019, 10:11:54 pm »
It’s good to see someone has set up a station at blackbushe, (EGLK / PWEGLK)
I often pick up PW equipped aircraft going in and out of the bushe, however their PW range looks quite poor at the moment, hopefully it can be improved.

rcalvert

« Reply #175 on: March 05, 2019, 04:30:49 pm »
PWMiltnKy active now. Thanks to Keith's help with cabling.

Just off M1 Jct14.

SGS66

« Reply #176 on: March 09, 2019, 02:54:40 pm »
Ben Smith,
Excuse me from being slow to catch on, are you saying that in your glider (with Flarm presumably) you also pick up PW traffic so long as you are in range of a PW-OGN station?
Phil PA28 man

Vince

« Reply #177 on: March 09, 2019, 09:07:16 pm »
No he will have a pilotaware unit in his a/c. OGN-R only relays glider traffic to pilotaware units and does not transmit on flarm or OGN.

www.strandedflyer.net

SGS66

« Reply #178 on: March 09, 2019, 10:31:01 pm »
Vince,
I see, so Ben's reference to 'range' is how far away he can see (with PW) the ground station at Blackbush?
brgds Phil

Keithvinning

« Reply #179 on: March 18, 2019, 07:41:56 am »
Hi all

The Blackbush installation is a new development called trident which has been donated by Pilotaware to air mobility
Since the day it went in it has been very windy. I will keep an eye on its range. However a similar trident installation at Bembridge is giving good range.

Keith