Author Topic: SOLVED Latest PAW operating instructions not available  (Read 3687 times)

Ian Melville

SOLVED Latest PAW operating instructions not available
« on: July 18, 2017, 10:11:40 pm »
When I go to www.pilotaware.com and try to download the Latest PAW operating instructions  I get

The page you are looking for is no longer here, or never existed in the first place (bummer). You can try searching for what you are looking for using the form below. If that still doesn't provide the results you are looking for, you can always start over from the home page
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 11:21:15 pm by Keithvinning »

A_Vinning33

Re: Latest PAW operating instructions not available
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 10:45:24 pm »
Hello Ian,

It is unusual for you to get an Error 404 message on that page, it is working fine on my computer. Would you mind trying it again?
I was updating the website theme earlier today, it is possible that the open file command clashed with the update command at my end.
Kind Regards,

Ash

http://www.pilotaware.com/documents/

Ian Melville

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 11:08:25 pm »
Seems to be working fine now. Guess it was just unfortunate timing.

Cheers
Ian

A_Vinning33

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 11:20:44 pm »
Marvellous, impeccabile timing though.
Glad it's working.
Kind Regards,
Ash

exfirepro

Re: SOLVED Latest PAW operating instructions not available
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 12:30:45 am »
Ash,

Managed the download fine, but the 'download header' on my PC says 'PilotAware Operating Instructions for PilotAware Software Version (20161124)' which could be a bit confusing.

Regards

Peter

Ian Melville

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2017, 06:20:57 am »
There is no mention of how to set up UDP for SkyDemon (or EasyVFR). For this location services must be enabled for SkyDemon. My iPhone was OK, but not the iPad. Had to force it to use the internal GPS, then I was promoted about location service set up to 'Always'. Once done I was able to set the connection to Pilot Aware. Could be an issue for those without an internal GPS?

Pete, I get 20170619
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 06:23:19 am by Ian Melville »

exfirepro

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2017, 08:29:02 am »

Pete, I get 20170619

Ian.

Yes, the link goes to 20170619, and that's what appears, but then when I went to the top of the screen (Windows 10 laptop) to save it onto the hard drive up comes a banner calling it 20161124 - see attachment. Not a major issue - just makes the site look a bit unprofessional.

Regards

Peter

A_Vinning33

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2017, 02:15:55 pm »
Hello Peter,
I hope you're well.
Thank you for bring it to my attention, I love a good challenge. I will look into it further, however I cant see any code on the website that would cause Google to show the date 20161124. Therefore I have come to the conclusion that the problem is a result of the .PDF I was given to upload onto the website. I will looking into it further when I get home and have access to a proper computer. I am currently working on a RPi3, I have patience but not that much.
Kind Regards,
Ashley.

exfirepro

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2017, 02:59:01 pm »
Thanks Ash,

Probably a case of file properties migrating over from an 'updated' earlier version.

Regards

Peter
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 03:00:35 pm by exfirepro »

A_Vinning33

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2017, 04:07:38 pm »
Hi Peter,
What is unusual for me is the fact that the Old operating instructions have the correct date on them. I will get to the bottom of it.
Kind Regards,
Ash.