Author Topic: Links to the latest software  (Read 4429 times)

T67M

Links to the latest software
« on: July 08, 2017, 10:41:18 am »
Could I ask that the download link be added to the announcement of new versions? The PilotAware website is (sadly) not the easiest to navigate, and there seem to be few links between the various websites, and none at all on the "main page".

I appreciate that keeping all the links up to date, especially when multiple volunteers work on different elements at different times, but at least having a link from the announcement to the download page would make life easier!

Sorry to grumble - and thanks to everyone involved for keeping the PilotAware dream alive.

Admin

Re: Links to the latest software
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 11:08:52 am »
Its a valid point
Originally the intention was for updates to be automatic via internet connection, so the location didn't really matter
Of course we then added the memory stick option, which means you need to navigate to this page

Duly noted

Thx
Lee

Keithvinning

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 09:50:41 am »
Good point
I'll get the links more prominent on PilotAware.com

T67M

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 06:13:44 pm »
Thanks both!

Loving the new range filter too - no more warnings from Gatwick arrivals 7km beside me!

r_w_walker

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2017, 10:39:08 pm »
Can you reinstate the automatic update procedure please?
I do not want to mess about changing dongles or updating SD cards.
Tried automatic update today, does not work now.
South Moor Farm
Guest accommodation and airstrip.
www.southmoorfarm.co.uk. hi@southmoorfarm.co.uk
01751 460285

Admin

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 10:00:22 am »
Hi
Automatic update is still in place, but plewse check documentation that you have done it in the recommended procedure

Thx
Lee

r_w_walker

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2017, 11:36:35 am »
Thank you for the response, will try later.
South Moor Farm
01751 460285

GeoffreyC

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2017, 09:30:36 pm »
Along with providing the link to pilotaware.lode.co.uk to download the update when new updates are announced, can I also make a request for (1) a brief 1 sentence summary of the automatic update (USB/cable) update method, and/or (2) a link to the two manual pages for USB and network cable update methods.

Its not all that often we need to update the software and so today when I tried the USB update method,  of course I got it wrong, thinking that I needed to plug the USB stick in before booting and it would happen automatically.   When I came back 10 minutes later I was surprised to find it was still running the old software :o.
My fault of course,  and a google search and I found the right installation instructions (well actually I found the network cable ones first,  and then I found the USB instructions).  Needed to install the USB stick after booting, go to Update tab,  and click install update.

Once done it worked perfectly and I'm starting to play with the new features.  The voice filter looks especially useful and am going to try it at 3/5km range.

As I said at the beginning,  not having to update all that frequently means the old grey cells can't remember the sequence of tasks.   Of course Lee you could always push out monthly updates and I'd be sure to get the hang of it then .....   :o

Geoffrey

r_w_walker

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2017, 08:01:44 pm »
Update problem resolved.

Need to ensure PAW is using Dynamic not Static IP address. Can you add this in the update section of the operating instructions please?
South Moor Farm
01751 460285