Author Topic: Barometric Pressure and FL levels  (Read 3666 times)

brinzlee

Barometric Pressure and FL levels
« on: September 27, 2015, 09:29:24 am »
Ok so I am a little lost with the figure being displayed next to the traffic aircraft on the SkyDemon screen.....I used Pilotaware for the first time in the air around Southend Airport (EGMC) yesterday .....we flew overhead the airport at 1700 feet on QNH 1026, set on our aircraft's altimeter......my Pilotaware has the barometric module fitted, we were trying to see if the figures made any sense as an EasyJet was taking off and was soon at the same height as us.....Initially there was no ADSB information coming from the EasyJet which is understandable as it was right underneath us.....but the first useful indicator was when it was at a very similar height to us......but what I'm not sure is when it was at the same height as us, what should SkyDemon have displayed......should it be 0 feet because its the difference  between us.....or will it be something different because I am pressure corrected with the internal barometric module updating the Pi and they are on 1013.......I am confused to say the least.......Is there a way of displaying the Barometric Module on the web interface to see if it is giving an accurate QNH.
Consequently what  should the figure be if it was another Pilotaware aircraft with or without a barometric sensor at the same height
Hope this makes some sort of sense

Thanks for all your great work Lee......Everybody is so impressed with this project and your commitment to it....I now have so many people wanting me to make the units I can't keep up !!

Kind regards

Brinsley
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 10:49:09 am by brinzlee »