Author Topic: Skydemon unable to connect to Pilot Aware wifi  (Read 4915 times)

Petertd

Skydemon unable to connect to Pilot Aware wifi
« on: June 10, 2017, 03:43:16 pm »
My iPad see's the wifi from the PA unit, there is a tick next to the PA wifi identifier on the iPad, but No Wifi fan in the top left hand corner of the iPad when.  Sykdemon displays an error 'unable to connect to butterfly' unit when the flarm option is selected in start navigation !!! the bridge has an alternating red and green light flashing that I've not noticed before !!- any one any idea's ??
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 03:46:26 pm by Petertd »

Admin

Re: Skydemon unable to connect to Pilot Aware wifi
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 03:45:24 pm »
My iPad see's the wifi from the PA unit, there is a tick next to the PA wifi identifier on the iPad, but No Wifi fan in the top left hand corner of the iPad when.  Sykdemon displays an error 'unable to connect to butterfly' unit when the flarm option is selected in start navigation !!! - any one any idea's ??

Hi Peter
Have you put the correct configurations in for SkyDemon ?
FLARM & AIRCONNECT=6000

setup described here
http://www.pilotaware.com/skydemon/

Thx
Lee
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 03:53:05 pm by Admin »

Petertd

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 07:00:41 am »
Yes, I't been working fine for months, flew down to Old Warden on Friday, came to fly back, connection to the PA unit failed, have tried two iPads and my iPhone all with Skydemon and Runway HD that have always worked with this PA, swapped out the wifi dongle with a spare, still no connection with the Butterfly connect unit ? baffled !!

exfirepro

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2017, 08:58:09 am »
Peter,

Just so we know the starting point, is this your original home built unit with a bridge added, or a newer PAW Classic?

Next issue is - Does your PilotAware Wifi still show up in the Wifi list on your pad/phone 'settings' screen?

Peter R
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 09:17:20 am by exfirepro »

JCurtis

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 11:54:57 am »
I had an issue with my iPad not connecting with the same error, I rebooted the iPad (shutdown then powered up again) and it came back to life and been fine ever since. 
I have seen this from time to time following iOS updates, where once updated all seems OK for a while but often another manual reboot will fix various oddities.
Designer and maker of charge4.harkwood.co.uk, smart universal USB chargers designed for aviation.  USB Type-A and USB-C power without the RF interference. Approved for EASA installs under CS-STAN too.

Petertd

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2017, 05:38:50 pm »
This is my new Classic PAW,  Wifi shows up on the iPads and iPhone setting list. Tried re-booting all the devices, still the same. All setting in Skydemon and Runway HD checked and are correct.
I'm suspecting the Bridge may have failed as I see these two alternating red and green LEDs flashing on it. !! 

Admin

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2017, 05:55:22 pm »
This is my new Classic PAW,  Wifi shows up on the iPads and iPhone setting list. Tried re-booting all the devices, still the same. All setting in Skydemon and Runway HD checked and are correct.
I'm suspecting the Bridge may have failed as I see these two alternating red and green LEDs flashing on it. !!

Hi Peter,

If you are connected to the WiFi, can you go to the home page to see what it says ?
http://192.168.1.1      (corrected!)
Please post the full page here
I am wondering if the license expired ?

Actually I see from the database you renewed, have you entered the license file ?
If you post the home page I can work out if this is the issue, though I suspect you may as well.

Ding! (Update)
Yes, your old license expired Thurs/8 - I suspect this is the issue

Thx
Lee
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 09:10:18 am by Admin »

Paul_Sengupta

exfirepro

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2017, 08:47:42 am »
I put it down to the shock of the U20's result Paul !!  8) ;D

Peter

Admin

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2017, 09:09:44 am »
my bad, thats my 'other' internal network
should be
http://192.168.1.1

Thx
Lee

Petertd

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2017, 09:37:35 am »
Doh !! that worked  ;D   
The renewal licence never occurred to me as it was renewed end of May. 

To stop idiots like me wasting your time, it could help others if a note was put onto the licence renewal email TELLING us to enter the key into the PAW. 

Many thanks for your patience and help !!

exfirepro

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2017, 10:03:25 am »
Easy mistake Peter, glad you've got it running again. Good suggestion re advising users on the e-mail that 'To take effect, this Key MUST be entered in the Configure Page of your PilotAware'

Regards

Peter R
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 10:08:48 am by exfirepro »