Author Topic: SkyDemon Traffic Depiction  (Read 6714 times)

ianfallon

SkyDemon Traffic Depiction
« on: September 26, 2015, 09:22:54 pm »
Someone's pleased to see Barford St John !!  :o ...

Assume this happens when traffic is close at a similar level ?!

trapdoor

Re: SkyDemon Traffic Depiction
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 10:23:59 pm »
Under 2000' alt difference (+/-) you get a vector from the target, the length I believe is time/speed based to the faster the target the longer the vector line (and the sooner it'll hit you  ;D ).

Haven't you played with the simulate traffic mode in SD?

PaulW

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 10:41:39 am »
Hi There
Sorry for asking what might be a basic question. I've noticed on various people's Skydemon screenshots, traffic is shown by the small white aircraft symbol + the relative altitude (+/- from your own). In addition to this, my readout is also showing the 24bit hex address of the traffic too and this adds unnecessary clutter to the screen. Does anyone know how to suppress this? Is if configured in SD or in PilotAware?
Many thanks for any guidance or input.

Admin

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 11:00:28 am »
Hi There
Sorry for asking what might be a basic question. I've noticed on various people's Skydemon screenshots, traffic is shown by the small white aircraft symbol + the relative altitude (+/- from your own). In addition to this, my readout is also showing the 24bit hex address of the traffic too and this adds unnecessary clutter to the screen. Does anyone know how to suppress this? Is if configured in SD or in PilotAware?
Many thanks for any guidance or input.

Hi Paul,
This is a setting in PilotAware, and at the moment it cannot be turned off.
There will be some configuration options in a forthcoming release which will allow the selection
of the annotated information on the display

Apologies for the inconvenience

PaulW

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 11:20:33 am »
Many thanks Lee
Cheers, Paul

lhopwood

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 02:27:18 pm »
I'm not sure if this is a recent change in PilotAware or SkyDemon, but I've noticed my annotations are decoded into the callsigns.

Admin

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 03:04:21 pm »
I'm not sure if this is a recent change in PilotAware or SkyDemon, but I've noticed my annotations are decoded into the callsigns.

Its PAW
at the moment it is default behavior, some people like it, others do not, so I intend to make this configurable
from the web interface