Author Topic: RADAR window freezes  (Read 2256 times)

AMO

RADAR window freezes
« on: April 26, 2017, 09:24:41 pm »
I've just tried out the Radar display which comes with latest firmware and which gives a very impressive traffic display.  However, trying it firstly on Nexus tablet and then android phone, using google browser, the window seems to randomly freeze or temporarily go bright white or bright yellow.   Lee advised that sometimes the browser requires the graphics acceleration to be turned off.  Not sure though how to do this on tablet / phone.  Any other thoughts or pointers most welcome.

Ancien

Re: RADAR window freezes
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 12:01:35 am »
AMO
You have android. Try Radar3D.
It is much easier to interpret at a glance.
Less cluttered and configurable so you don't have to set it up every time you use it.

I am a total supporter of PAW but it is not TCAS. I am concerned that so many posters on this forum are hoping to change it from a cheap as chips awareness system to something that airlines pay millions for.

AMO

Re: RADAR window freezes
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 08:16:45 am »
Thanks, have seen 3D and will revisit. As long as everyone remembers that biggest risk is traffic not shown then it's an enormous plus. And as far as display is concerned, the best format is one that requires least time to assimalate.