Author Topic: PAW, Dittel KRT2 and audio warnings  (Read 12246 times)

Moffrestorer

Re: PAW, Dittel KRT2 and audio warnings
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2016, 06:04:13 pm »
Further to my last post can you confirm that the audio signals you are trying to connect are being injected into the intercom auxiliary input? I cannot fathom why the VOX should exert any control over this path. The VOX will normally only control signals generated from the microphone inputs.

Smaragd

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2017, 10:49:26 pm »
Just realised that I never gave any feedback on the solution to this! I had been using high settings on the VOX (up to maximum) in the hope that would make the PAW signal audible. Discussion with Dittel alerted me to a fact that wasn't clear in the documentation. With a VOX setting of 1 (which I hadn't tried as one would expect it to give a low volume) allowed the PAW to be heard clearly. Any VOX setting above 1 has a "squelch" (not really the right term) or limiter feature which cuts out an input below a certain signal strength. Still not sure why, if the PAW signal is at adequate volume with VOX = 1, it's not strong enough to overcome the squelch at any other setting - but it works, so who cares!

Admin

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2017, 07:09:45 am »
Thats great news, thanks for posting
Lee

Ian Melville

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2017, 09:19:08 am »
Smaragd, what level have you got the volume set at in your PAW config screen? Sounds like you are trying to boost the volume at the radio, rather than the source. I needed to set PAW to 10, the max, for  my Funke ATR833S.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 10:52:31 am by Ian Melville »

exfirepro

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2017, 09:33:55 am »
Smaragd,

Glad to hear you have got your setup working, though I would also be interested in the answer to Ian's question for future reference.

Regards

Peter

Smaragd

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2017, 04:27:36 pm »
I'm pretty certain that turning up volume to max on the PAW was my first step, but I will check next time I'm at the aircraft.

Smaragd

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2017, 05:24:01 pm »
Yes I was using full volume setting on the PAW. The resultant output at the headset is just right with the KRT2 set at EXT 1. 

exfirepro

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2017, 11:30:58 pm »
Smaragd,

That information will be very useful should anyone else find themselves with the same problem. Thanks for sharing.

Regards

Peter