Author Topic: PAW and ADSB out  (Read 3626 times)

Andrzej

PAW and ADSB out
« on: June 21, 2017, 12:13:07 pm »
Hi

Is any solution for filtering PAW and ADSB out systems ? .. We perform test with aircraft with adsb out . Normal and understand behavior is that we see on ie SD two aircraft in same places ..PAW and ADSB ..

BR
Andrzej

Ian Melville

Re: PAW and ADSB out
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 12:34:21 pm »
Hi Andrzej, Can you post a screenshot of the config page? I suspect the "Mode C/S Select" needs to be set to "Mode-CS+Filter(Beta)", which filters out your own transponder. If that has been done, then the "Hex ID" has not been set to the same as the transponders.

Andrzej

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 12:58:01 pm »
Hi Ian

PAW was instaled in aircraft with adsb out . On my screan ( SD and second aicraft  )  i see same aircraft  from ADSB and PAW .. for me it is normal .. but sometimes can be confusing due delay between PAW and ADSB processing - You can see same plane same alt but in litle difrent position   . So question is are any solution for that ?

BR
Andrzej 
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 01:04:00 pm by Andrzej »

Ian Melville

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 01:09:19 pm »
That is what I understood, can you supply the info requested?

Andrzej

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 01:12:23 pm »
Ok
On my PAW a have CS beta filtering  , i will check on second PAW ( installed in plane with adsb out ) and give info

BR
Andrzej

exfirepro

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 01:40:48 pm »
Andrzej,

When PilotAware is first booted, it generates a random Hex I.D. Code, shown in the first box on the Configure Screen. This is so that the unit will transmit a unique PilotAware identifier.

When installed into an aircraft, this must be changed to the unique ICAO Hex Address allocated to that aircraft by your national aviation authority. In the U.K. we get this code from the CAA's 'G-INFO' website, but as you are not in the U.K. you will need to check your aircraft paperwork or speak to your local Aviation Authority.

In order for your own PilotAware to filter Mode S or ADSB from your own transponder, this Hex Address MUST be changed so that both the PilotAware and Transponder have the same ICAO hex address installed and this MUST be the Hex code allocated to the aircraft by the National Aviation Authority. This is irrespective of what Mode CS Selection (if any) you are running.

The same principle also applies in order to 'combine' ADSB and PilotAware signals coming from another single aircraft. In order to prevent this aircraft showing as two separate signals - which seems to be what you are experiencing, BOTH devices in that aircraft MUST have the same unique Hex Code belonging to that aircraft installed.

I hope this is clear.

Regards
Peter