Author Topic: Version 20170223  (Read 3683 times)

Dave jones

Version 20170223
« on: April 04, 2017, 09:43:55 pm »
I have just downloaded the latest software 20170223 on to a flash drive. It appears to have worked ok but some of the options in the configure page are missing. I.e. No options for 1:Display traffic info 2: Mode-C/S Traffic 3:volume control. Can you please help.
Many thanks Dave.

Admin

Re: Version 20170223
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 09:53:32 pm »
Can you post a screenshot of the home page, to help diagnose

exfirepro

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 08:48:34 am »
Dave,

Screen grabs as requested by Lee please, Home Screen and Configure Screen both helpful. In the meantime, is this a current PilotAware Classic or are you running an older homebuilt on a Raspberry Pi 1B and do you have a Bridge fitted?

Peter

Dave jones

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 06:24:36 pm »
This seems to have resolved itself after switching my iPad off and on. However been flying today and I'm not detecting mode c and s traffic. I'm not seeing the red,yellow and green circles . I'm using the current version of the raspberry as supplied by you. Any suggestions?
Many thanks Dave

Admin

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 06:48:56 pm »
Hi Dave

Please provide screenshots of configure and home pages
This will help to diagnose

Thx
Lee

Deker

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 07:13:57 pm »
I have just downloaded the latest software 20170223 on to a flash drive. It appears to have worked ok but some of the options in the configure page are missing. I.e. No options for 1:Display traffic info 2: Mode-C/S Traffic 3:volume control. Can you please help.
Many thanks Dave.

For Info, I've had this happen once.
The different options between the Pi2 (non mode c and no audio) and the Pi2B+ with mode c and audio options that didn't show in the config screens.
It also resolved on a reboot.

ATB
Deker.

exfirepro

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 10:38:52 pm »
This seems to have resolved itself after switching my iPad off and on. However been flying today and I'm not detecting mode c and s traffic. I'm not seeing the red,yellow and green circles . I'm using the current version of the raspberry as supplied by you. Any suggestions?
Many thanks Dave

Dave,

Are you aware that Mode C/S Detection is 'OFF' by default. You need to go to your Configure Screen and select it, (I suggest Mode CS +Filter (Beta) if you have a transponder or Mode CS (Beta) if you don't. You also need to select your desired Altitude Band and Detect Range for Mode C/S. For initial test reception, I recommend you set these to +/- 4000ft or even +/- 50000ft and Long Range if you want to increase your chances of picking up contacts, but be prepared to reset to more practical settings once you have satisfied yourself that you are receiving them. Assuming you are using SkyDemon, you also need to enable Bearingless Targets in SkyDemon/Settings/Navigation Options (near the bottom of the page). Finally, bear in mind that there may just be no Mode C or S equipped aircraft within range!!

It may of course be something else completely, which is why Lee and I have been asking you to post screengrabs of your PilotAware Home and Configure Screens, so we can check what settings are enabled.

If you have not done so, can I suggest you read the Operating Manual which can be found here: -

http://www.pilotaware.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/170223-Operating-Instructions.pdf

Deker,

Raspberry Pi 2 and 2B+ will both allow Mode S, C and Audio reception. It is only the Pi 1B or lower that can't do so.

Regards

Peter