Author Topic: Wifi dropping out  (Read 4523 times)

brinzlee

Wifi dropping out
« on: September 23, 2015, 11:29:31 pm »
Have had the unit up and running a few times but then I keep having a small issue with the wifi dropping out and then not reconnecting after several reboots until the wifi dongle calls down. Want to replace it with another wifi dongle but when I insert this it won't pair with the new licence code that you have supplied for the new module. I have entered the code many times but do I have to reformat the sd card and start again as it appears not to be writting the new licence code to the pi. Also where do I increase the power output of the wifi module
Thanks for all your help.

lliksmar

Re: Wifi dropping out
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 09:21:08 pm »
Intresting. Since I upgaded the software I have the same issue, the wifi drops out after a few mins. Re start the Pi and its back again

brinzlee

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 09:42:59 pm »
I think I have found the cause to be nearby routers when testing on the ground swamping the signal that are on the same channel as the raspberry pi wifi dongle. When testing away from any nearby interference and from a distance from the the Pi to the iPad of about a foot, it doesn't seem to dropout. I have asked if the wifi channel number can be selectable by like many questions I've asked I don't seem to get any response.

Admin

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 10:27:27 pm »
Regarding the wifi channel, I think this is a good idea
I will look to make this configurable

Also regarding the license code, it s bound to the wifi dongle, so a new dongle requires a new code

Thx
Lee
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 10:29:15 pm by Admin »

Admin

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2015, 10:33:22 pm »
Wifi dropouts can be closely linked to poor power an usb cable
Can you describe your power source and the usb cable ?