Author Topic: odd behaviour when PA hooked up to dynon skyview  (Read 9056 times)

crisisguy

Re: odd behaviour when PA hooked up to dynon skyview
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2017, 07:42:37 pm »

Actually, I'm pretty unimpressed with the SV traffic display.  It shows them in the EFIS irrespective of their range.  So I get ADSB targets showing that are 30 miles away.  As much use as a chocolate fireguard.  And no bearingless targets when that is the majority of the threat out there.  So I'm a bit down on my SV traffic display...

I agree 100% - im using mainly the audio alerts

may get a second ipad to show the radar view although i think the next version of SD may have a pop up display

crisisguy

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2017, 06:16:48 pm »
Ive flown another 15 hours since last posting including a trip around Paris. Most of the time the PA is stable although every few flights i'm getting the PA dropping the serial feed to the PA. the Pa is stil lworkign as im getting audio alerts. It seems to never be the first flight of the day, could it be a heating issue affecting the serial out? > Its also not related to traffic density. It appears to drop out at times when there is no traffic around. And a few seconds later it re establishes the data link. 

carlp101

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2017, 09:57:01 am »
Hi all,

I fly with SV. You need to set the baud rate to the fastest common rate both PA and SV support. I can't remember off the top of my head what this is, but the problem described is exactly what I was experiencing when I first used them together. As soon as I'd upped the baud rate all was OK.

Regards
Carl
G-URMS

Admin

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2017, 11:26:53 am »
Hi all,

I fly with SV. You need to set the baud rate to the fastest common rate both PA and SV support. I can't remember off the top of my head what this is, but the problem described is exactly what I was experiencing when I first used them together. As soon as I'd upped the baud rate all was OK.

Regards
Carl
G-URMS

Hi Carl,
You are correct, but in version 20170619 this issue is fixed for all baud rates.
The probelm was that PilotAware was overflowing the UART buffers, so parts of some messages got lost, SV got very upset with that, even when the messages rectified themselves.
Now, PilotAware will restrict the number of traffic messages sent to SV, based upon the baud rate selected.
Bear in mind, that this means for low baud rates, only the most critical (closest) traffic messages are sent for the available data rate.

The best choice is to select the highest baud rate available by both PAW and SV

Thx
Lee

crisisguy

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2017, 11:50:59 am »
Great news on the update, thxs for sorting Lee.

I'Ve updated my PA this morning via USB, no glitches in the process. I will hopefully fly tomorrow and will report back.

crisisguy

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2017, 06:29:34 am »
I flew 6 legs yeardays, 5 there were no issues, on one leg the old behaviour occurred. It seemed to be bearingless targets that caused the hiccup.

Still seemed a big improvement. that said, there wasnt a lot of traffic about.

Thanks Lee for attempting to resolve this.

Admin

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2017, 11:09:29 am »
I think we need a definitive statement from dynon as to whether they support bearingless targets, then we can address the issue accordingly
Can you contact dynon for help on this, or if you can get a contact for me, I will pursue

Thx
Lee

crisisguy

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2017, 11:35:07 am »
heres the email ive bene using for technical support

support@dynonavionics.com

Young_C

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2020, 06:18:30 pm »
Hi,
I'm having the same problem with my interface between the Rosetta unit and the Dynon Skyview. I initially increased the baud rate from 57600 to 115200 and thought it improved but now I don't think it has. I keep getting comms fails and "Caution" warning from Skyview. Interestingly it virtually always happens on the return flight aswell?

I was not going to reduce the baud rate but wondered how you got on with 9600 and whether this still works for you?

Thanks,
Chris.

Admin

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2020, 09:43:39 pm »
We should contact their support
We can replay the track file to see if they have an issue with the data

Thx
Lee