Author Topic: Help Connecting to Dynon skyview  (Read 20663 times)

PaulSS

Re: Help Connecting to Dynon skyview
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2022, 08:46:09 am »
Thank you, Peter. It's good to know that I don't HAVE to connect the orange wire for the GPS from the SkyView but it shouldn't do any harm if I do.  :)

skyboy999

« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2023, 12:02:24 pm »
It took me a while to get PAW and SV talking nicely to one another but worthwhile. One thing though, despite setting 'Show Tail Numbers' to 'Yes' on SV, I never see any (only traffic symbol/relative height/direction) although they show fine on iPad running SkyDemon. Is this same for everyone, or just me?

JDevoy

« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2023, 07:51:45 pm »
Thanks everyone, apologies if I messed anyone about by posting twice. I was getting really confused as I had followed the original advice and bought the cable with the D9 connector attached.  I have however today managed to get to aircraft and followed all the advice given and it's still not working so now wondering if I have a 'fake' cable. Just ordered the version with bare ends from RS. When that arrives I will connect the Orange cable straight to the Yellow/Violet Dynon RX Serial Port 2, and the black onto a spare Dynon D37 Black. The USB end of the cable will go into the lower middle USB (port 2) on PAW.

Then configure as advised setting PAW Port 2 to 'Flarm Out' and set initially 115,200 Baud IIRC), dropping to 57600 if I can't see anything.  I will configure Skydemon as  SERIAL IN DEVICE to FLARM TRAFFIC, the INPUT FUNCTION to TRAFFIC and the SERIAL IN/OUT BAUD RATE  to a minimum 0f 115,200  Baud ( and the SERIAL OUT DEVICE to NONE.

I think this is what you have all now advised,

Cheers
James

exfirepro

« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2023, 10:52:27 pm »
Hi James,

I think you mean configure SkyView as... in the bottom paragraph. Oh, and remember you need to configure Dynon Serial Port 2 if that is the wiring set you use.

Other than that all looks fine.

Please keep us posted.

Best Regards

Peter

russp

« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2023, 08:55:14 pm »
Is anyone (else) having issues with Skyview when iGrid is connected? Seem to work great with no iGrid .. with iGrid connected Shyview is continually telling me Flarm is disconnected .. then ok.. then disconnected.. and on and on. I've replaced every cable and the Raspberry Pi - it now has to be a software problem ..

JDevoy

« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2023, 09:56:27 pm »
Well it never worked. Done exactly as I stated, and as it was confirmed to be correct.
Now defo have the right authentic 'USB to bare wire'cable direct from RS.
Still Nada.  Just noticed another post saying similar with the iGrid wifi installed. I have that in as well. Going to take that out tomorrow and try again.
Cheers

Thanks everyone, apologies if I messed anyone about by posting twice. I was getting really confused as I had followed the original advice and bought the cable with the D9 connector attached.  I have however today managed to get to aircraft and followed all the advice given and it's still not working so now wondering if I have a 'fake' cable. Just ordered the version with bare ends from RS. When that arrives I will connect the Orange cable straight to the Yellow/Violet Dynon RX Serial Port 2, and the black onto a spare Dynon D37 Black. The USB end of the cable will go into the lower middle USB (port 2) on PAW.

Then configure as advised setting PAW Port 2 to 'Flarm Out' and set initially 115,200 Baud IIRC), dropping to 57600 if I can't see anything.  I will configure Skydemon as  SERIAL IN DEVICE to FLARM TRAFFIC, the INPUT FUNCTION to TRAFFIC and the SERIAL IN/OUT BAUD RATE  to a minimum 0f 115,200  Baud ( and the SERIAL OUT DEVICE to NONE.

I think this is what you have all now advised,

Cheers
James

PaulSS

« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2023, 09:51:53 am »
Without wishing to sound patronising, have you enabled traffic in the set up menu?

My iGrid works perfectly and traffic shows on my HDX map and PFD.

Also, please confirm you do not have a SkyView SE. These cannot display traffic.

The USB end of the cable will go into the lower middle USB (port 2) on PAW.
. 'Lower middle'? Just checking that you mean lower, left of the USB ports:

Ethernet Port    USB 1      USB 3
Ethernet Port    USB 2      USB 4
« Last Edit: April 15, 2023, 10:09:36 am by PaulSS »

JDevoy

« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2023, 12:35:40 pm »
Woo Hoo  It Works!

Didnt make any physical changes, update Sktview HDX to the new firmware, updated PAW to the latest. Then turned the igrid PAW port to automatic. Once everything rebooted PAW came alive. So I cannot say which of teh above did teh trick. All my formware is regularly updated, so its not like I was on archaic versions.
Dont care - it works. Thanks all for trying to help over these painful months.

exfirepro

« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2023, 01:52:41 pm »
Hi James,

Great to hear you have finally managed to get PAW and your Dynon talking to each other!

It would of course be good to know which of the reported updates actually made the difference, though I have my suspicions.

I assume by 'Then turned the igrid PAW port to automatic' you are talking about the USB Port that your iGRID dongle is plugged into? That inevitably begs the question - what was it set to before - AND WHY? My guess is that's what was causing the iGRID to malfunction, which might also explain what was going wrong elsewhere (or at least in part).

The important thing, however, is that it is now working !!!  :D :)

Best Regards

Peter

JDevoy

« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2023, 02:17:42 pm »
The iGrid was set at 57600. My bad as instructions clearly say Auto. I think it was becasue I had changed the PAW onto that port at some time during my battle.  Amazing how something so simple can be the cause of so much pain. I was spending all time concentrating on the main PAW setup, not considering the iGRID.