Author Topic: Difference in traffic tab and Sky Demon  (Read 2113 times)

Nigel waller

Difference in traffic tab and Sky Demon
« on: March 08, 2017, 05:24:05 pm »
Right the new aware is up and running however when I look at the traffic tab
it was showing 10 aircraft at various ranges however only 3 were shown on Sky Demon.
Also a Cessna was showing on the traffic tab overhead distance 1 km I was looking at it from
my garden but nothing on shown on sky demon.

Nigel   

Keithvinning

Re: Difference in traffic tab and Sky Demon
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 06:05:54 pm »
Hi Nigel
So you had 10 aircraft shown on the traffic screen
That's good
Now check how many of those were ADSB or PilotAware (you can determine this by reading the operating instructions at PilotAware.com)
Only these types, and FLARM if you have a FLARM mouse, which give GPSCoordinates will be shown as aircraft on sky demon and only those that are below the threshold that you have set on sky demon (also in the operating instructions)
Mode c and Mode s aircraft will be shown as a ring on sky demon if you have it set to show bearing.ess targets. The colour of the ring will be dependant on how you have configured your PilotAware (see the operating instructions)
So I suspect that all is OK you just need to get the configuration to your taste.
Of course ther is the possibility that the Cessna didn't have a transponder,didn't have it turned on or was Mode A.
Have a look at the operating instructions and the PilotAware you tube videos which will help

Regards

Keith