Author Topic: No wifi signal  (Read 5595 times)

Jcrook

No wifi signal
« on: December 04, 2016, 09:41:12 pm »
I have just purchased pilot aware and set up the system as described but my system is not producing a wifi signal/hotspot!! Any advice appreciated

Admin

Re: No wifi signal
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 09:51:02 pm »
Hi
Can you please describe your power source ?
Also, are there any LEDs Active/flashing

Thx
Lee

Jcrook

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 10:17:42 pm »
Hi Lee, I'm using a 2.1 amp USB port the red and green lights are flashing alternately as described but no wifi?

Admin

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 10:24:58 pm »
Hi Jon

Very strange, please message me your address lets get a replacement dongle in the post.
In the meantime what is the wifi client you are using, ipad ?

Can you please provide a web reference to the power supply you are using ?
Thx
Lee

LuisP

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 07:04:17 pm »
Hello. I have the same problem and not be as check the Wifi dongle to solve the problem. Best regards. Luis.

Ian Melville

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 07:30:47 pm »
Luis,
Is this a home build or did you buy the PilotAware Classic Package with all parts supplied from PilotAware?

SJB24

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2017, 07:43:35 pm »
I too have a wifi issue. New to PAW and set up at home with no issues. Tried to use the system flying at the weekend. No wifi hotspot. Steady green and red lights on in the unit. Power source 5v 2.1A Rav Power.
Wifi dongle feels quite warm - is this a dodgy dongle?

Admin

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2017, 09:28:27 pm »
I too have a wifi issue. New to PAW and set up at home with no issues. Tried to use the system flying at the weekend. No wifi hotspot. Steady green and red lights on in the unit. Power source 5v 2.1A Rav Power.
Wifi dongle feels quite warm - is this a dodgy dongle?

Steady red and green is not good, this indicates either a disk error, or the disk has become dislodged.
Can you double check the MicroSD Card in the slot, it is spring loaded, so should lock into place.

Thx
Lee

SJB24

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2017, 02:22:35 pm »
Hi Lee,

Have removed and reset the SD card several times, no wifi. Taken out all the other USB devices, no wifi, left it on for a while, no wifi. Lights just stay steady.

As I said, was ok at home seeing up, first time in the air couldn't get wifi but of course didn't have time to fiddle. Back at home no joy at all, very frustrating.

Admin

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2017, 05:03:33 pm »
Hi Lee,

Have removed and reset the SD card several times, no wifi. Taken out all the other USB devices, no wifi, left it on for a while, no wifi. Lights just stay steady.

As I said, was ok at home seeing up, first time in the air couldn't get wifi but of course didn't have time to fiddle. Back at home no joy at all, very frustrating.

Sorry to hear this, if both lights are on this sounds like a hardware failure, at first thought I would say the Micro SD card, but it could be the baseboard computer.
The last test you could try yourself before returning to PilotAwareHardware, would be to attach an HDMI Monitor/TV to the HDMI socket
This would provide information regarding the diagnostics, and would probably indicate where the failure is.
If you don't have access to an HDMI Monitor/TV, then I think it is a return to base I'm afraid.

Thx
Lee

SJB24

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2017, 05:20:40 pm »
I can plug it into a TV via HDMI. How do you access diagnostic information?

Admin

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2017, 07:42:32 pm »
I can plug it into a TV via HDMI. How do you access diagnostic information?

Hi
Just turn on pilotaware and it is will sream messages

Thx
Lee

SJB24

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2017, 08:45:08 pm »
ok, did that and nothing streamed!

I'll box it up and send it back for a replacement. Can you let me know the address to send to please?

Thanks

Admin

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2017, 09:15:53 pm »
Oh dear  :(

Details for return can be found on
PilotAwarehardware.com

Thx
Lee

SJB24

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2017, 10:28:10 pm »
Ok, will get that sorted. Thanks for the advice.