Author Topic: Nov 2016 update  (Read 13750 times)

Sean McDonald

Re: Nov 2016 update
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2016, 05:32:06 pm »
Hi Lee,

It is a Samsung Galaxy S3, Android 4.3. However I have just used it with Chrome as the browser and success. So definitely browser specific on my phone.

Good work on all this! Much appreciated.

Sean

Just having my first look at it and well impressed. For some reason it will work on my iPhone but not on Samsung Android. Any ideas?

Hi Sean
Unfortunately its down to the web browser.
Latest versions of chrome seem to work well.
How old is the android and what browser does it use ?
We should gather information about known good android/browser combinations

Thx
Lee

homeuser

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2016, 07:42:09 pm »
Where in NZ? Oddly I'm sitting in a bar at Auckland Airport. The reach of pilotaware!

About to cross Cook Strait today...

Any thoughts on Flarm? Already asked the question a few month ago but noone really seems to care about their prices or it's just expensive everywhere...

Thanks for the Screenshots!

exfirepro

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2016, 08:40:44 pm »
Hi H..U,

Prices in the UK are going crazy at the moment. I bought my first FlarmMouse for £440, then paid nearly £600 for a second one weeks later. UK prices are now even higher.

Anyone fancy a holiday in Slovenia (where they're made)?  :(

Regards

Peter
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 08:42:30 pm by exfirepro »

Paul_Sengupta

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2016, 03:21:26 pm »
Other parts of the world, Flarm may have different frequencies. Not sure. And I think it's expensive everywhere.

Deker

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2016, 05:40:04 pm »
I spoke to a guy on the LX stand at the Flyer show.
He said that Flarm have bought back the license from the Flarm mouse manufacturer (LXnav) and no more will be produced???

I might have got completely the wrong end of the stick but he did say that that was the reason the price has gone up.
Hopefully the Pilot Aware guys have bought the license  ;D

Deker

exfirepro

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2016, 06:03:06 pm »
Hi Deker,

I've seen nothing in black & white, but it has been rumoured that Flarm may be about to discontinue support for Classic Flarm in favour of pushing the adoption of PowerFLARM. If that proves to be the case, I would think 30,000+ glider pilots might be just a bit 'peed off' with FLARM, so would be surprised. But then again, FLARM are very much a law unto themselves, so we'll just have to await developments.

Regards

Peter
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 06:23:34 pm by exfirepro »

Keithvinning

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2016, 11:04:59 pm »
So why don't the glider pilots buy PilotAware which when connected to their existing FLARM units give them Power FLARM functionality plus see all those pesky powered planes with P3I or is this just too easy.

ianfallon

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2016, 11:55:20 am »
Guys - the USB method of upgrading trashed my whole (128Gb!) USB stick contents when it failed to upgrade (no idea why).
I think it might be wise to at least change the docs to say to use an EMPTY USB stick and / or ideally solve the USB update problems.

Great to see everyone in Telford and the new features - brilliant!

Admin

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2016, 12:08:02 pm »
Guys - the USB method of upgrading trashed my whole (128Gb!) USB stick contents when it failed to upgrade (no idea why).
I think it might be wise to at least change the docs to say to use an EMPTY USB stick and / or ideally solve the USB update problems.

Great to see everyone in Telford and the new features - brilliant!

posted reply here
http://forum.pilotaware.com/index.php/topic,718.msg8775.html#msg8775

Keithvinning

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2016, 12:44:58 pm »

Hi ian wise words. Unfortunately after an event we would not have wanted to happen to you. Sorry

I will change the words in the Operating instructions and Website

Thanks

Keith

ianfallon

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2016, 12:49:10 pm »
No problem - also mention to NOT put it in a port configured for output (ie. transponder ADS-B OUT).
Ideally better to avoid it in s/w but at least a doc update is a short term 'fix'

Ethernet-plug-into-router-for-20-mins technique worked simply and easily  :)

ianfallon

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2016, 12:53:37 pm »
Great work guys - I updated our shareoplane yesterday.

I do find the TCAS symbology much easier to take it at a glance - hopefully other display providers will take heed and at least offer TCAS-style as an option.

Certainly better contrast but at the cost of looking at 2 screens, whereas the SkyDemon integration keeps one screen to look at. I'm hoping they will add more configurability to the traffic display at some point.

What I would like to see is an Elite-style 3D version of the radar display - no need then to read numbers to see if they're anywhere near the same level. Also maybe make the climb/descend indication a bit more obvious ( ? )

Just my 2p - great work so far  :)

Admin

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2016, 12:56:47 pm »
Hi Ian,

What I would like to see is an Elite-style 3D version of the radar display - no need then to read numbers to see if they're anywhere near the same level.

A third party add on is about to be released to address this.

Also maybe make the climb/descend indication a bit more obvious ( ? )

open to a suggestion, I picked the extended ascii double arrows ?

Just to confirm, was the issue the output configured as a transponder ?

Thx
Lee

ianfallon

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2016, 12:59:37 pm »
Sorry I honestly can't remember which USB socket I put the stick in - sorry!