Author Topic: Audio levels -Solved  (Read 3187 times)

peteD

Audio levels -Solved
« on: November 24, 2016, 02:49:37 pm »
Just noticed that the audio is very quiet when airborne, had to increase to 10 to hear but too loud on the ground, seems to switch to different level of output when airborne, anyone else had this?PAW audio feeding directly into light speed Zulu 2
Also noticed occasional transient increases while taxying

Regards
Pete
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 05:55:25 pm by peteD »

Ian Melville

Re: Audio levels
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 05:57:35 pm »
I would not have thought the volume from the PAW is changing. I suspect it is your ANR playing games with higher engine noise.

peteD

Re: Audio levels
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 06:17:49 pm »
Well,possibly....but the input to the headphones is designed for music, phone etc and mixes with the other signals which don't change.
Edit:
Well if all else fails, read the manual....seems there is an extra button on the headset controller that enables com priority, I'll give it a try!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 06:27:30 pm by peteD »

peteD

Re: Audio levels -Solved
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2016, 06:05:04 pm »
The Lightspeed Zulu 2 has a "comPriority" button which is used to suppress the Aux input when radio coms are detected, (and presumably intercom if not squelched).

The button is unmarked and has no way of indicating if off/on(the setting seems to be stored when headset is off). Mine was on, seemed fine on the ground, but as mentioned by Ian the extra noise in the air was surpressing the Aux input.( possibly exacerbated by the intercom)

Thats fine if listening to continuous music, but not for the occasional PAW audio.

So if you have this headset, make sure "compriority" is off.

exfirepro

Re: Audio levels -Solved
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2016, 06:36:53 pm »
Hi Pete,

We always knew that whilst producing audio out from the Pi was straightforward enough, connecting the audio into aircraft systems, with their significant variety would produce some interesting challenges. Every problem solved adds to the collective knowledge base. Well done!

Regards

Peter