Author Topic: Mode-CS (Beta)  (Read 27301 times)

Ian Melville

Re: Mode-CS (Beta)
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2017, 04:19:44 pm »
Would this still happen if Doc has ADSB transmissions?

Admin

« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2017, 04:29:13 pm »
Would this still happen if Doc has ADSB transmissions?

I am afraid so, Mode-A, Mode-C, Mode-S/ES are independant of each other.

When the transponder responds to a Mode-C interrogation, it simply sends a 24 bit response which is interpreted
as 4 octal values between 0000 and 7777
There is no way to correlate this information with ANYTHING else the transponder has produced.

All 1090Mhz transmissions were invented in the dark ages, using a modulation technique (Pulse Position Modulation) that is never used in any modern system. When the US introduced UAT on 978Mhz which runs complementary to 1090 transponders, they chose to use FSK (Frequency Shift Keying) as a superior modulation technology.

the_doc

« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2017, 04:59:25 pm »
Your beta is virtually perfect though Lee. I can't say I have seen the opposite happening on climbs, and it is only a short lived blip on descent commencing.  And as you say....its a beta!!  ;)

I am quite content to keep my DV window shut as I do 99.9% of the time! I only opened it to test my theory, and also learn how it affects my pressure instruments if operating on the alternate air feed i.e cabin pressure)

Paul_Sengupta

« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2017, 12:32:30 am »
Your beta is virtually perfect though Lee. I can't say I have seen the opposite happening on climbs, and it is only a short lived blip on descent commencing.  And as you say....its a beta!!  ;)

You don't have a high enough performing aeroplane!  ;)

I think my spurious alerts were when I was in the climb. Good performance with this cold air at the moment. Sometimes 200ft out!  ;D Oh yeah, I was going to e-mail the files, wasn't I...

the_doc

« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2017, 07:49:02 am »
lol! She still climbs at around 2000ft per minute in a Vy climb up to 3-4000' and may be higher in this cold weather we have- not bad for a 1956 model!!   Like you say though, I fly her gently, so cruise climbs or if under IFR 500ft per minute only!