Author Topic: Connection to GPS Loss Repeat  (Read 4483 times)

AerialRob

Connection to GPS Loss Repeat
« on: November 02, 2016, 05:17:26 pm »
Following on from previous subject "Repeated Connection to GPS Loss" I have again suffered repeated connection loss between my iPhone 6 .
This problem was considered rectified after reducing the PAW wifi setting to 5mW and following a successful flight where connection was continuous.
Unfortunately today without making any changes or operating the PAW since 12 October connection was lost almost immediately after brakes off and throughout the taxi . I gave up reselecting "Fly" and "Use Flarm" on climb out and selected "Location Services" so as to  give the flight my full concentration.

I have resisted updating the iPhone to the new iOS so as not to get involved with those potential issues.

This afternoon I have tested the set up again in the garden  and connection is similarly lost.
I tried the same test with the PAW wifi  at the lowest 1mW setting and the problem persists.
It also happens on a Samsung tablet running the Android version of SkyDemon so I'm fairly convinced its not a problem with my iPhone wifi.
The PAW is powered by a charg 4 in the aircraft and an Anker 21000 for home tests.

JCurtis

Re: Connection to GPS Loss Repeat
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 06:37:59 pm »
Where are you located?  If you can get to Peterborough Conington (EGSF) I'd be happy to take a look at some point.
Designer and maker of charge4.harkwood.co.uk, smart universal USB chargers designed for aviation.  USB Type-A and USB-C power without the RF interference. Approved for EASA installs under CS-STAN too.

Admin

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 06:46:04 pm »
Can you try the following test, this will show if traffic data is streaming to your device

1. Connect to pilotaware wifi
2. Open safari to location
192.168.1.1:2000

Do you see a stream of data ?
How long does it persist

Thx
Lee

AerialRob

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 07:54:07 pm »
Thanks for offer of assistance at Peterborough but unlikely to be getting there.

Hi Lee

The data stream was visible and continued growing on screen until after 9 minutes when the iPhone displayed

"Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding".

Admin

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 08:25:30 pm »
Sounds like an issue doesn't it.
Out of interest could it be conflicting with another wifi network on the same channel

If this is unlikely, I suggest you contact Dave Styles at PilotAwareHardware for a return

Thx
Lee

AerialRob

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2016, 08:50:23 pm »
I don't think it can be a wifi conflict as there aren't any other detectable wifi signals on the apron and the Taxiways are to distant from buildings.

I'll contact Dave Styles as you suggest.

Thanks

AerialRob

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2016, 04:59:13 pm »
Hi Lee

I have sent an email to  Dave Styles and copied yourself using your email adresses from June.

Can you please confirm receipt and that I have used correct address for Dave.

Many Thanks

DaveStyles

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2016, 07:12:42 pm »
Hi,

emai received and replied to !
The address was indeed correct !

kind regards

Dave.