Author Topic: Config page  (Read 4959 times)

S11axx

Config page
« on: October 21, 2016, 03:32:06 pm »
Just taken delivery of paw and can't get past no 5 on the quick start guide. What am I doing wrong?

S11axx

Re: Config page
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 05:50:38 pm »
Where it says connect navigation device to paw wifi open a browser and type in 192.168.1.1. It just comes back with ... you are not connected to the internet.....

AlanG

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 08:06:02 pm »
Hi S11axx

I'm not actually looking at the instructions you are following so cannot comment on their accuracy but you are missing an action prior to opening your browser.  First you must go to your tablet/phone wifi settings and connect to the Pilotaware hotspot.  It should look something like
 "PilotAware-B***********"  a mixture of numbers and letters.  Once you have connected to this then you should open your browser and type in the 192.168.1.1   This will take you to the Home page or Configure page of PilotAware to allow you to enter your details including your serial key.
Depending on your tablet/phone you should be able to set it to automatically connect in the future providing that you are not in range of any other memorised networks like your home or airfield.
Quite usefull as it is easy to forget this stage.  Don't ask me how I know.  ???

Regards
Alan

S11axx

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 10:16:18 pm »
Thanks for that. I had managed to get to the pilot aware wifi stage in the wifi settings. The thing it doesn't say and I only found out from another user is that you need to leave it for 20 mins or so to "sort itself out" . I am now sorted thanks.

DaveStyles

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 08:46:29 am »
Hi, this is odd, it should come up immediately.

Back to the old staple of,

You are using the supplied power lead, and you are using a 2 amp supply. Either a reputable battery, or a 2 amp wall charger.

Arcticash

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 05:48:45 pm »
Hi, this is odd, it should come up immediately.

Are the built up units shipped with the SD card in an "tested" state or just having had the files copied across, meaning that like with my self build you have to wait for it to install on first boot?

Ash

Keithvinning

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2016, 08:46:06 pm »
Hi ash
The classic units are built and tested so you don't have to wait.
When you do a manual software download as you have done you do have to wait for the software to load the first time and this takes time about 15 minutes. After that the boot up is about 70-90 seconds. Also if you have manually downloaded the latest software, then from now on software updates can be either automatic or via memory stick so no more manual software updates unless something serious goes wrong
So upgrading the software is much easier now. It's all described on the website PilotAware.com

Keith

Paul_Sengupta

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2016, 01:03:27 pm »
One thing I was going to mention but forgot until now was that some browsers don't like just 192.168.1.1 as it puts www in front of it. For those, you can use http://192.168.1.1 I believe.