Author Topic: Latest Software Update  (Read 3599 times)

straightline

Latest Software Update
« on: October 17, 2016, 07:19:55 pm »
I see from the PAW Home page that the latest version of the software on my device is 20160520 - which surprised me as I bought the kit only a few days ago. So I followed the instructions to update with the latest version.
When I got as far as "checking for updates" nothing happened and so I think I must have the 192.169.1.xxx router. Then the instructions are a bit vague: 
"There are 2 ways to  overcome  this:
Option  1
connect  to your  home  network,  and leave for 20 mins 
turn  off
disconnect from  home  network
turn  on
connect  to PilotAware from Tablet check the latest software has downloaded".

I'm reading the instructions on my desktop PC, disconnected the ethernet cable from my PC and connected it to my PAW unit and powered it up via my new Anker power source. Then I connected my iPad to the PAW via the WiFi link and and opened the Pilotaware home page on the iPad. This showed the software version was still 20160520. So I waited and on my iPad the blue line kept flashing across (page refreshing?). I waited an hour and still the blue line kept flashing and flashing...   So I'm starring to think I've done something wrong.

The instruction above don't say what to connect to what or what to turn off/on. It would be useful to have an idiot-proof of downloading the latest software.  Help please!

PS and it might be helpful to suggest how long one has to wait for the software to be downloaded and installed; 5 minutes, 20 minutes or more?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 07:22:37 pm by straightline »

Paul_Sengupta

Re: Latest Software Update
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 08:53:37 pm »
Check if it has downloaded the software. It doesn't automatically upgrade, you have to select "Updates" at the top of the web page, then "Install" if it has downloaded the software.

It it hasn't downloaded the software, remove the Wifi dongle before plugging it into your home network for the "20 mins".

Then unplug the power, put the Wifi dongle back in, then repeat the bit above about checking for updates.

Keithvinning

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 10:45:06 pm »

straightline

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 11:48:11 am »
Keith,

I've managed to download and update to the latest version.

Thanks.