Author Topic: Transfer radio board and license to another Rapsberry Pi  (Read 4542 times)

Mat

Transfer radio board and license to another Rapsberry Pi
« on: October 13, 2016, 09:20:32 pm »
I'd like to shift one of my PilotAware units from the original Raspberry Pi to a newer Rapsberry Pi 2B to take advantage of the extra features. I recall the license is tied to the MAC address of the Pi Ethernet now instead of the WiFi dongle as originally. Is this easy to do? (I presume it's not automated!)

Admin

Re: Transfer radio board and license to another Rapsberry Pi
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 07:10:16 am »
Matt
Please send me a PM and we can transfer the license
Thx
Lee

Mat

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 05:10:18 pm »
Turns out Raspberry Pis are out of stock at present.... but once I've solved that problem will be in touch.

exfirepro

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 11:20:54 pm »
Showing as in stock at Amazon...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Raspberry-Pi-Model-Desktop-Linux/dp/B00T2U7R7I/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1476569529&sr=8-2&keywords=Raspberry+pi+2b

Also Maplin still have a few available with a 'Noobs' MicroSD card for a couple of quid extra if you are keen. http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/raspberry-pi-2-model-b-with-noobs-microsd-card-n01eb

Regards

Peter

rodent0_2

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 09:38:12 pm »
Had an issue at the weekend, paw failed in flight on investigation the pi voltage regs on the board appear to have burnt out ! got a new pi, reinstalled the software only to find the wifi dongle getting very hot and no paw wifi signal being broadcast, swapped the dongle and now have a working paw again only with and expired licence, how do I get my fairly new licence reinstated. Thanks..
Nick

Aircreation Tanarg G-CHFT

exfirepro

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2016, 10:47:37 pm »
Nick,

I suggest you drop a pm to Lee (Admin). He will need to know the details (MAC addresses) of your original licence and of your new Pi and will then be able to sort this for you.

Regards

Peter

rodent0_2

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2016, 06:28:14 pm »
All sorted, thanks guys....
Nick

Aircreation Tanarg G-CHFT

exfirepro

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2016, 07:53:32 pm »
You're Welcome  :)