Author Topic: Audio alert chattiness  (Read 12000 times)

Admin

Re: Audio alert chattiness
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2016, 04:28:56 pm »
Exactly what is it you want to see, and how do I get it?

If you can connect to the PilotAware WiFi HotSpot from a PC (your tablet is not sufficient in this instance)
run up a web browser to
http://192.168.1.1

Then select 'Tracks'
download the track for your flight, and please send in an email, or provide a dropbox link if too large

Thx
Lee

JimN

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2016, 02:01:08 pm »
I've downloaded the tracks,

What email do you it sent to? adminatpilotaw etc doesn't seem to work.

Jim

Admin

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2016, 02:46:29 pm »
I've downloaded the tracks,

What email do you it sent to? adminatpilotaw etc doesn't seem to work.

Jim

sent you an email ....

Admin

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2016, 04:14:40 pm »
Hi Jim,

Thanks for supplying the track files.
So something quite strange happening here I think.

I can see no Mode-S/Mode-C style traffic alerts in the 3 files you supplied.
When the audio messages were being generated, were you seeing Mode-S/C rings around your aircraft in the Navigation tool ?

just going back through your posts, and you said

Preparing to fly out of Sandy, no one there with PAW or Mode S/C and no obvious traffic in the sky in the vicinity, I had a 100% constant series of audio bearingless warnings about traffic at my level.

The track files would tend to agree with what you say.
So why were the warnings generated, this sounds very puzzling, and could be a bug with the audio queue at startup not being cleared.

I will investigate further.

Thx
Lee

JimN

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2016, 05:35:27 pm »
Lee,

I'm using SD on Android so still a little plane over mine, not as obvious as the rings. (hoping for an update soon!)

It's a while ago now so can't be sure but I think there was bearingless traffic indicated.
As I said the warnings were constant and totally distracting, I was on the ground starting my engine and checks, so looking at the details on screen was not a priority.
I'd only pulled the plug on the audio, so info to SD would still have been coming through.
I'm 99% sure there were no targets, bearingless or otherwise on screen by the time I taxied out which would only have been a few minutes later.
If that is any help.

Jim

Admin

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2016, 05:50:56 pm »
Hi Jim,

Last question, which version of PilotAware were you running ?

Thx
Lee

JimN

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2016, 01:54:39 pm »
version 20160530

exfirepro

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2016, 10:22:10 pm »
Hi Jim,

The reason you are still getting the little white piggybacked aircraft rather than the colour changing rings is because you are running an old version of PilotAware. It's nothing to do with Android or SkyDemon. You need to update your PAW to the latest 20160820 software.

Not sure whether that is also having an adverse effect on your audio, but I know Lee changed the software back in July to fix some audio bug problems, so I definitely advise updating to the latest software and have another try.

Regards

Peter

rogerabc

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2016, 05:10:08 pm »
Hi Everyone,

This thread has been quiet recently - unlike my PAW!
I finally got various audio sources balanced on my intercom & normally fly from a farm strip - all good.
However, when I arrived at a busy circuit today the PilotAware was a big audio distraction.
Is there any plan to offer a quick mute facility or possibly mute below a preset altitude?
What are others doing?

Cheers,

Roger

Admin

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2016, 05:14:03 pm »
Hi Roger,

Firstly we found some issues with the audio which have been fixed recently, this relates to reporting too much information - hopefully exfirepro can chime in here,
This will be available in an imminent new release

Thx
Lee

rogerabc

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2016, 05:19:56 pm »
Great & thanks!
See you at Telford.

exfirepro

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2016, 09:14:18 pm »
Hi Roger,

Just posted over in the Audio Testing thread, but for completeness, will repost here.

Lee made some changes recently in response to audio issues AlanG and I identified during testing some weeks ago in relation to FLARM and Bearingless Target Alerts. These have improved things significantly and are presumably incorporated in the new software due to be released later tonight (which I haven't had a chance to test run yet as I have been driving down to Telford all day).

Regards

Peter
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 09:17:24 pm by exfirepro »