Author Topic: GPS Mouse & Di-pole Antenna  (Read 4296 times)

Sean McDonald

GPS Mouse & Di-pole Antenna
« on: September 07, 2016, 07:49:26 am »
Morning,
Bought my PAW at Sywell and have it running at home but realise that I have limited space in the plane. Spoke with Peter on Sunday and should have bought the GPS mouse and di-pole then but now want to order. I see they are out of stock on the hardware site. Any idea of availability?
On an aside I just would like to say thanks for being so helpful on Saturday. This is a great innovation.
Regards,
Sean

exfirepro

Re: GPS Mouse & Di-pole Antenna
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 08:37:53 am »
Hi Sean,

Stock was pulled temporarily as we took it all to the show. Dave should have things back up and running on the hardware site this week. Thanks for your support. Great to see so much enthusiasm for the product.

Regards

Peter

Sean McDonald

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 09:48:16 pm »
Thanks Peter.

I've ordered some Anker batteries and now just need the other bits. Will keep an eye on the hardware site - hourly!

Sean

DaveStyles

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 09:58:35 am »
Tis done.

There is also stock back in of full units for anyone who wants one.
There was actually some stock put up yesterday, but it sold out in one day.

We never put stock up that's not actually tested, so the lads are testing as quick as they can ;-)

Sean McDonald

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 10:15:52 pm »
Ordered! :D

trapdoor

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2016, 02:14:52 pm »
In case anyone is interested, the P3i Dipole which is supplied by Pilotawarehardware is also as good if not better than the antenna supplied for the ADS/B (DVB-T) dongle. Depending on how these are positioned could take out the angst of where to site the antenna and actually which antenna goes where. For me now, it matters not which antenna I plug into which socket if we take the PAW out of the aircraft.

On the Pup I have the dipoles on suction mounts high up either side of the windshield out of line of vision, with the cables suckered and then tucked around the coaming. The case for my PAW has been modified as per my original 'beta' version with a right-angle MCX to SMA pigtail through the case and out at the end where the P3i antenna is. GPS is on a Mouse and the PAW is attached to the lower door pillar with Velcro so is out of the sun.

On ADS/B I can see traffic across pretty much the whole of England, across to Southern Ireland so the antenna works perfectly.

Sorry can't post a pic as the PAW is in the aircraft.

exfirepro

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2016, 11:21:30 pm »
Hi Mark,

Great minds obviously think alike. I picked up a 'spare' dipole from the guys at the rally to try it out on the 1090MHz RX side as I reckoned it would be close enough to frequency to work better than the supplied ADSB antenna. Unfortunately I've not managed back down to the plane yet after last weekend's adventures, but glad to hear you are getting good results with this setup.

Best regards

Peter