Author Topic: System Key  (Read 8966 times)

dh87b

System Key
« on: September 06, 2016, 01:00:39 pm »
I picked up a unit at the LAA Rally on the weekend but have been unable to download the system key, since inputting an incorrect mac ip address. The .lode page now only allows me to put in my name and email. Help needed please.

Admin

Re: System Key
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 02:57:07 pm »
Hi
Please Let me know the MAC/Email you want it to be configured

dh87b

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 03:41:50 pm »
Hope this is the right answer....
00:1e:c2:9c:1b:7b

Admin

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 09:52:13 pm »
Afraid not the right mac address, are you following the quick start guide ?
Not sure how you got that number

I need to know the email address / mac you tried to register,
And the correct email / mac address to change it to

To be honest, I dont think you have registered, I cannot find your email address

Thx
Lee
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 09:56:12 pm by Admin »

dh87b

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 10:58:24 am »
Hello Lee,
Sorry, I'm not that au fait with all this stuff - I was hoping it would be more plug and play than it is (especially looking at the very learned stuff on this forum, most of which I don't understand). Email I gave you at the LAA Rally on Saturday is dh87b(at)iCloud.com. I think this is the right mac address: B827EB407852. The one I gave earlier is for my iMac! Forgive me for being confused.

Admin

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2016, 11:16:08 am »
Hello Lee,
Sorry, I'm not that au fait with all this stuff - I was hoping it would be more plug and play than it is (especially looking at the very learned stuff on this forum, most of which I don't understand). Email I gave you at the LAA Rally on Saturday is dh87b(at)iCloud.com. I think this is the right mac address: B827EB407852. The one I gave earlier is for my iMac! Forgive me for being confused.

So very simple, go to this web address
http://pilotaware.lode.co.uk/

Select top option '1st Year System Key'

Accept the terms, by ticking
I have read, understood and accept the license terms above (accept to continue)

enter your name, press return

enter your email, press return

enter your mac address (as above B827EB407852), press return

now you will receive an email containing your license code, this is entered on your configure page of PilotAware
then you should be running

Let me know if you get stuck, and if so at what stage

dh87b

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2016, 12:24:08 pm »
I've tried that several times and it won't let me put in the mac address - there's no box appearing and the 'enter' key is greyed out.

Admin

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2016, 01:27:03 pm »
I've tried that several times and it won't let me put in the mac address - there's no box appearing and the 'enter' key is greyed out.

Hi
I think your problem is, after entering the data in each field you have to hit the 'enter' key
is this the problem ?

If you are still stuck, send me a PM with
Name:
Email:
Mac:

I will enter all details for you.

Thx
Lee
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 01:30:18 pm by Admin »

Admin

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2016, 11:07:29 am »
Thanks
License generated and sent via email

dh87b

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2016, 11:18:59 am »
Lee,
I'm sorry, but I've had an email crash whilst away in Canada. Can you possibly re-send?
Thanks,
Dave

rodent0_2

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2016, 12:51:19 pm »
Hi Lee, on this topic, I was one of the Beta testers and my old key has just expired, anyhow just ordered a new bridge with licence, do I start afresh or use my old details to register the new key ?

Nick.
Nick

Aircreation Tanarg G-CHFT

Admin

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2016, 01:30:54 pm »
Hi Lee, on this topic, I was one of the Beta testers and my old key has just expired, anyhow just ordered a new bridge with licence, do I start afresh or use my old details to register the new key ?
Nick.

Hi Nick,
The Bridge will arrive with a QuickStart guide.
Simply follow the instructions in the guide to obtain your new license.

Please be advised the key is locked to the Hardware, so if you are still using a PiB+, you may want to consider upgrading
to a Pi2 before redeeming your key, in order to get the added functionality of ModeC/S and Audio

Thx
Lee

rodent0_2

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2016, 03:09:08 pm »
Just realised your using the later Pi, cant get hold of one for love nor money...
Nick

Admin

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2016, 05:31:57 pm »
Just realised your using the later Pi, cant get hold of one for love nor money...
oh yes you can

http://pilotawarehardware.com/product/pilotaware-complete/

edit: Just read your earlier email, you bought the bridge - maybe should have gone for the Classic  :(

rodent0_2

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2016, 09:19:45 pm »
But I have all the other bits as I was a beta tester.... and been using it until last weekend when the license expired with no warning..

Nick