Author Topic: 20160820 issue since update  (Read 12750 times)

Admin

Re: 20160820 issue since update
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2016, 09:07:14 am »
Hi Bryan

The question is how are you getting to the config page ?
Are you typing the entire address, or is it one previously cached by the browser ?

After installation did you perform a reboot from the web interface ?

Thx
Lee

bryannortje

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2016, 04:15:20 pm »
Ok so, before doing the software update I fired up the PAWS, went to the config page through my web browser (did not type new full address as it comes up when I start to type 192 etc). Never previously had to re-type full address on previous installs.

Switched off - connected to LAN, powered up, waited long time, powered down, disconnected LAN, powered up - waited long time, connected to wifi, went to web browser previous link was still there, refresh page, nothing happens, wifi drops out, try numerous times same results....

So take second unit do the same - get same result - scratch head and bit of arse tooo !! think ok perhaps try old software install process - so out with laptop, SD card etc. = same result - hmmmm resort to Forum and BINGO not first to have this issue and sure not going to be the last - follow the above thread and hey ho gets to config page - however need to now type in license key etc etc - first unit wont accept license key and says its expired.... oh crap now what - try second unit and that accepts its license key, will retry first unit again later... clearly a difference when doing the software upgrade when plugging into the LAN than doing it with the SD card method ??

Lee - I don't follow the  "After installation did you perform a reboot from the web interface " if I cannot get to the web interface in the first place??

Deker

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2016, 04:53:07 pm »
Hope this will help.
I updated to 20160820 by connecting to router via RJ45 patch lead.

Plugged in lead, switched on PA and left for about 15mins.
Unplugged and rebooted by cycling power, logged onto home screen with tablet by clicking on stored "pilot aware" favorite  (not cashed address)
but still on previous version of sw, confirmed / shown on home screen.
Clicked the updates tab and this shown available update, clicked the install button.
I think the PA rebooted automatically and after all was working as per previous configuration without needing to do any further entry of licence number etc.

Stu B

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2016, 11:20:39 am »
I am also having uissues since upgrading to 20160820. Using the supplied power cable, and the same wall supply that worked with teh previous version, I now find the WiFi is very, very flakey. Often cannot get into 192.168.1.1 at all, and keep finding that the phone or tablet has reverted to my home wifi and PAW wifi is not even showing on the available wifi list. Then it reappears and you get it to connect but it soon disappears again. I have gone form a robust system to one that is 100% unusable. Might it be that 20160820 demands jsut a bit more power and the prevously-adequate power supply is no longer enough? But I never had any power problems before, either on this wall charger or on a battery PSU

Admin

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2016, 12:07:34 pm »
Hi Stu

Did you perform an upgrade, or full install from zip file ?
Also are you pi2 or pib+ ?

Thx
Lee

Admin

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2016, 12:14:14 pm »
Bryan, same question, are you pi2 or pib+ ?

Stu B

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2016, 02:04:38 pm »
I have a Pi2B and I jsut did an auto-upgrade from teh July version. Since posting above, I have (a) reset it to "Powered" (aircraft) - Initially as soon as I had 20160820 I had set it to be Base Station RX as I am testing at home and thought I ought not really be transmitting as an aircraft; and also I changed it to show modes S (as it had previously been, though teh upgrade had reset it to "none") plus teh new Mode C, and set range to max. Since then it seems to have worked much better; initially it wa still a bit flakey but it has now managed to run fro over half an hour without loosing wifi.

Stu B

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2016, 11:37:12 pm »
It has now run continuously for 7 hrs without loosing teh wifi. So problem appears to be fixed or to have gone away. I really don't think I changed anything, but at least I now once more have something I can continue to est and prepare fro my aircraft installation.

Admin

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2016, 09:04:54 am »
Hi Stu
Could be the 'basestation RX' mode ?

Did you have a LAN/RJ45 connection when in the above mode ?

Thx
Lee

Stu B

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2016, 02:50:23 pm »
Sorry to be a bit late coming back on this but the problem is solved, I think it must have been that the system was continuously going to the cached address and not to the correct starting link, as discussed above.