Author Topic: 20160820 Update can't be found - RESOLVED  (Read 2972 times)

grahambaker

20160820 Update can't be found - RESOLVED
« on: August 21, 2016, 04:54:08 pm »
Hi,

I'm trying to update my Classic to yesterday's release with no success. Using the 'plug it into router and leave for 20 minutes' method didn't work, having tried it three of four times. The PAW box itself is currently at 20160708 and is working fine.

I have tried the 'logging in to the PAW box via the router assigned IP address' method a few times, also, but when hitting the 'Check for updates' button, all I'm getting is 'No updates available'.

I'm down in France currently, plugging in to the Orange France supplied Livebox router, so I'm guessing this may be a firewall problem, although my laptop can connect to the internet via a wired connection, as well as connect to the PAW box.

The firewall config screen on the router looks daunting, and I certainly don't have the details available to open up ports, if that's what is required.

Any suggestions, or should I just leave it until I get back to the UK?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 11:03:19 pm by GrahamBaker »

Paul_Sengupta

Re: 20160820 Update can't be found
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 08:24:34 pm »
Did you try it with the Wifi dongle removed?

Keithvinning

Re: 20160820 Update can't be found
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 08:30:52 pm »
H Graham

Try this

Remove the WI-FI dongle from the Pi to ensure the use of the wired interface.
 Connect your Pi to your home network.
 Power up your Pi.
 From your PC access your router connected client page, to discover the IP address allocated to your Pi
 From a machine connected to your home network, connect to your Pi at the IP address indicated on your router page
 Click the Updates button - Click Check button, wait a moment - Click the Install button wait until it says Installation Complete.

If that doesn't work wait until you get back to Blighty. Others have downloaded successfully so perhaps its a victim of Brexit.

Only Joking

Another thought are you in rural rural France with low broadband speeds?

Keith

grahambaker

Re: 20160820 Update can't be found RESOLVED
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 11:00:59 pm »
Sorted! Disconnecting the wifi dongle did the trick.

Thanks.