Author Topic: Pi Model B (not B+)  (Read 12698 times)

onkelmuetze

Re: Pi Model B (not B+)
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2015, 06:46:37 am »
Yes, it's an easy mod, though I used the HobbyTronics board not the Adafruit one - the HobbyTronics board is a bit smaller.

I'll try and get a photo or two up later - but I have just attached it to the upper side of the SoP board and wired across - the pads on the SoP are plated through so you can use either side of the board to attach.

Can you please post a link or closer specs on the sensor you use? thx ;)

trapdoor

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2015, 08:48:27 am »

ianfallon

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2015, 07:15:15 pm »
I have to admit I've not bothered doing anything elaborate in terms of fixing either the ARF or the Adafruit to the SOP board - just wired up and stuck to it with sticky pads!

neilmurg

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2015, 03:28:09 pm »
Thanks for that Ian, the pin connections were just what I needed as I'm new to this. A word of warning for novices (like me), I was just about to connect my MPL3115A2 when I noticed:
  a) the pins are configured differently, there are only 6 on mine and in a different order, but now I've spotted it it's not a problem
  b) one of my baro's is a less precise version, an adafruit MPL115A2 (my fault I think)
  c) My 3115 includes a temperature sensor, will that get used?

So double check what you've got and verify before melting stuff. All very new to me but very interesting.
Also, are there any plans to rename some threads so it's easier to find the pictures of wired up boards for different builds? eg this thread title doesn't mention the baro. I didn't find any info on adding a baro in the build manual, but I understand why it's not there

I'm using the Slice of POD board,  I've ordered another one from cpc.farnell.com, they seem to have a couple of hundred in stock so you might want to edit the 'known good hardware' sticky.

Finally, thanks for all you're doing guys, I keep meeting pilots who are very interested in this stuff, I think I'm going to end up building more than 2.