Author Topic: Connected ng to the correct paw  (Read 4078 times)

rg

Connected ng to the correct paw
« on: July 30, 2016, 09:41:37 am »
Can I rename my paw wifi hotspot? It occurred to me the other day that if I saw multiple paw wifis on the ramp I wouldn't be able to tell which one was mine.

AlanG

Re: Connected ng to the correct paw
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 10:07:53 am »
Hi rg

If when you first (or subsequently) select the wifi hotspot for your PAW you choose to "remember" or "log on automatically" to saved hotspots, your device should automatically log on provided you are far enough away from any airfield or home wifi that it also remembers.  Despite other PAWs being around at my airfield, I just power everything up and it all links up to my Android tablet, no fishing for wifi.  Having done some static testing in the past with one of my buddies using just his PAW, I did have to tell my tablet to "Forget" his hotspot. ???

Regards
Alan

rg

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2016, 10:20:54 am »
thanks alan

Keithvinning

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2016, 11:20:27 am »
Also
When we do range testing with perhaps 2 or more in the aircraft I just remember the last 2 digits of the wifi address which works a treat. Otherwise Pete is right I have my own PAW permanently installed
Just hit the master and it boos up every time

Regards

Keith

Admin

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2016, 12:47:46 pm »
In the next release ......
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 12:51:16 pm by Admin »

rg

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2016, 05:20:24 pm »
as if by magic!  :)

exfirepro

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2016, 06:29:49 pm »
Lee always keeps a surprise up his sleeve!! In the meantime as Alan (apparently also known as Pete) and Keith have said above, just remembering the last couple of characters in your PilotAware 'MAC' address, usually works - even when you have 3 or 4 on the go at the same time (don't ask....).

Regards

Peter
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 06:32:39 pm by exfirepro »

Keithvinning

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2016, 09:14:16 pm »
Oops Sorry Alan I mean Pete ARGGG
I'll get better when I get older?

Keith