Author Topic: SOLVED! Mode S Rings  (Read 5108 times)

Richard

SOLVED! Mode S Rings
« on: July 24, 2016, 04:54:28 pm »
Hi,  Last week I updated to the latest version of PAW, flowed by a ground test and was presented with audio and the warning rings around the aircraft on Sky Demon. A flight today presented full audio warnings but no rings around the aircraft or the piggyback aircraft. Has anyone had a similar thing? The only difference is that Skydemon has had an update to the latest.

How are the tests coming along with Mode A/C? I had a too close a contact today which was probably Mode A/C ?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 07:56:02 am by Richard »
Richard.
Europa XS

Admin

Re: Mode S Rings
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 05:24:08 pm »
Hi Richard,

Are you saying there were no rings EVER, or Audio messages were not followed with rings ?

I noticed the following yesterday  when using skydemon:

There are 3 alert levels for bearingless targets 1, 2 & 3

notice is level 1
warning is level 2
danger is level 3

A few times I had 'traffic notice', but no ring appeared.
messages are sent to the NAV device on 1 second intervals, so it could be the case that if a trigger
is right on the edge, the audio is generated at the point that the 'notice' is registered, but on the 1 second poll interval to the nav device, it has already gone below the threshold again.

Thx
Lee

Richard

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 06:36:44 pm »
Hi lee,
    Yes the voice alerts are spot on. All levels, and all levels observed but no rings ever.... It will be a week befor I can try it again. I did not do a reboot and test again... I am just giving an heads up just incase. I just wondered if any one had also notice.
Richard.
Europa XS

Admin

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 06:37:50 pm »
Hi lee,
    Yes the voice alerts are spot on. All levels, and all levels observed but no rings ever.... It will be a week befor I can try it again. I did not do a reboot and test again... I am just giving an heads up just incase. I just wondered if any one had also notice.

OK, this sounds like the 'bearingless targets' option in SkyDemon is not enabled.
Could you check that ?

Thx
Lee

Richard

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 07:31:09 pm »
Lee,
    Just checking now...... Yes bearingless targets are turned on ......
Richard.
Europa XS

Admin

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2016, 08:03:31 pm »
Lee,
    Just checking now...... Yes bearingless targets are turned on ......

Hmmm, ok What is the Pincode you are using ?
Should be 6000

Thx
Lee

Richard

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2016, 08:16:29 pm »
Lee, pin code is set to 6000....

I will try it again next weekend. My PAW is fitted with in the aircraft.
Richard.
Europa XS

Richard

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2016, 07:55:09 am »
Update.... Lee the rings worked perfectly my PAW must have just wanted a reboot.... All worked well

Thank you for your help.
Richard.
Europa XS

exfirepro

Re: SOLVED! Mode S Rings
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2016, 10:53:39 am »
Well done Richard,

I take it you have also been following the discussions re SkyDemon and the rings on this thread - looks like we are making progress!!

http://forum.pilotaware.com/index.php/topic,567.0.html

Regards

Peter