Author Topic: Air Navigation Pro bearingless traffic.  (Read 5876 times)

idopau

Air Navigation Pro bearingless traffic.
« on: July 15, 2016, 04:57:44 pm »
Sent today to AirNavPro: How do you perform bearingless traffic, mode S for instance, wich is feeded currently by PilotAware? Thanks.//Their response: We know that PilotAware is compatible with AirNavPro. If PilotAware forwards all the traffic information to the App, AirNavPro display it on the moving map.(With this it seems like they shoot the ball to your - our - roof.) I didn't find any ref. in the manual of PilotAware nor AirNavPro. I apologize if I am wrong. THANKS.

Admin

Re: Air Navigation Pro bearingless traffic.
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 05:51:14 pm »
Hi

How do they display bearingless node-S Targets ?
This is being successfully displayed in EasyVFR and SkyDemon.

Thx
Lee

idopau

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 07:34:01 pm »
This was my question and you saw their response. Hence I am begining to use both EasyVFR and SkyDemon and like the implementation they do about traffic bearingless. It is a pity as AirNavPro is also a good app. Thanks.

Dix-sept

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 09:09:20 am »
Hello all,
Just wondering if there was any further update on this issue? As an AirNav Pro user I'd love to know who's responsible for 'making it all work' before investing in the Pilot Aware kit - it seems like a great bit of kit and a reasonable price point but if I then have to start replacing all my other nav aids for it to work reliably that becomes less attractive; where I live there are no other PA users, so I would be relying upon ADSB (few!) and Mode S only in reality ......

Cheers, (oh, and hello!),
John

Admin

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 09:50:15 am »
I think you need to ask AirNavPro again, I just tried this and it does not display bearingless traffic
I don't think they understand the question.

This works fine in SkyDemon and EasyVFR - the same data is supplied to AirNavPro

AirNavPro does not even have an option to enable/disable display of bearingless traffic

Thx
Lee

Dix-sept

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2016, 04:42:46 pm »
AirNavPro does not even have an option to enable/disable display of bearingless traffic
Which would suggest that it does not work/is not properly supported by ANP sadly at the moment until they (ANP) do something to their app.

Admin

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2016, 06:21:42 pm »
I have emailed ANP to see if I get a response.
Of course, even without the display, you will still get the audio warnings of Mode-S

Thx
Lee

mariko

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2019, 10:21:07 am »
I think you need to ask AirNavPro again, I just tried this and it does not display bearingless traffic
I don't think they understand the question.

This works fine in SkyDemon and EasyVFR - the same data is supplied to AirNavPro

Thx
Lee

After 2 and half years, nothing appears different: I did not find any solution to display bearingless traffic (C,S)  on ANP. In the sensors menu it does not show  "Pilotaware" as a traffic detection device; I have to select FL*RM and I can see just the ADS-B traffics on the moving map.
Are you again  in contact with the developing team of Xample? Are them working to a better support for Pilotaware traffic informations or is time for me to buy a copy of Skydemon?
Ciao
  Mariko

Admin

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2019, 03:40:56 pm »
Hi Mariko

The folks at Xample are not very pro-active I am afraid :-(

You can download a copy of EasyVFR basic - which is free, this will include support for bearingless targets

Thx
Lee

mariko

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2019, 04:18:51 pm »
Thanks for your suggestion.

I googled for easyVFR basic, unfortunately I discovered it is just for UK and NL airspaces :-[
Ciao
  Mariko

AlanG

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2019, 08:35:57 pm »
Hi all

Don't forget you have the option to view bearingless traffic on the PilotAware radar screen found when you log onto the PAW hotspot with your browser.  There is also the 3DRadar app for Android and IOS produced by James Rose.
Not ideal as opposed to your EFB of choice but could be a useful addition on and old phone without a sim card or secondary tablet.

Edited to add that if you are connected to PAW audio you will benefit from positional audio alerts once the Mode S/3D development is released.

Regards
Alan
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 08:38:59 pm by AlanG »