Author Topic: Release version  (Read 3071 times)

Shortwing

Release version
« on: June 29, 2016, 10:59:20 pm »
The latest release says it must have the bridge, can I download the latest version for a unit without the new bridge?

exfirepro

Re: Release version
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 11:18:41 am »
Hi Shortwing,

As you know, the ethos of PilotAware is and always has been to provide a cheaper yet reliable method of  'See, Be Seen and Avoid' for those who cannot afford, or for technical reasons just can't run, high powered transponders or ADSB out transmitters. Some time ago, Lee and the Team decided that allowing PAW units to be run 'long term' as purely ADSB receivers is against the ethos of the project, as whilst it allows the user to see ADSB transmissions - they can't see other aircrafts' purely 'P3i' transmissions, which are the mainstay of the project, making the other user electronically 'invisible', so in the interests of improving safety, a decision was taken that 'new' software would be configured such that it's performance would be linked to the presence (or otherwise) of a P3i RF Bridge. The latest versions of the software are therefore configured such that, if installed in a PAW without a Bridge fitted, the system will run, but WILL NOT FUNCTION AS A MODE-S DETECTOR, or PROVIDE ANY OF THE NEW AUDIO WARNINGS.

Hope this helps

Peter
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 01:00:37 pm by exfirepro »