Author Topic: Pilot Aware on ANDROID version of Runway HD.  (Read 4810 times)

r_w_walker

Pilot Aware on ANDROID version of Runway HD.
« on: July 05, 2016, 09:30:50 am »
Runway HD is now available on Android devices,
Unfortunately the FLARM option which is required for the Pilot Aware unit is NOT yet available.
Airbox inform me that it will be available via an update when they have finished development, hopefully later this year.

Ahh Well, back to using two devices, Aware+ for airspace and XCSoar TE for Pilot Aware notifications.

Looking forward to using one device. I know there are other options but sticking with AirBox.
South Moor Farm
Guest accommodation and airstrip.
www.southmoorfarm.co.uk. hi@southmoorfarm.co.uk
01751 460285

ianfallon

Re: Pilot Aware on ANDROID version of Runway HD.
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 08:21:40 pm »
Is there any update on this ? I can't see the settings on the latest version still for FLARM.
Real shame as one of our group likes to use Runway HD on Android.

tedflyer

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 04:42:01 pm »
Airbox said it could be 2 or 3 months away. I'm hoping to use my Foresight for nav and a 5.5" phone for the PAW display running RunwayHD decluttered to Vector maps only. I've found that the black screen on Radar3D is too dark to see in sunlight and the XCSoar refuses to show differential altitudes. So I'll have to wait! ted

Deker

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 07:30:14 pm »
Airbox said it could be 2 or 3 months away. I'm hoping to use my Foresight for nav and a 5.5" phone for the PAW display running RunwayHD decluttered to Vector maps only. I've found that the black screen on Radar3D is too dark to see in sunlight and the XCSoar refuses to show differential altitudes. So I'll have to wait! ted

Hi Ted,

James is finishing off an update with the option for setting the colours and line weights.
I've got a beta test version with white back ground and black / dark colours for aircraft - much better, I can read outside in direct sunlight so should be a big improvement.
I'll keep nagging him to release the update on the Play store.
Deker.

Paul_Sengupta

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 01:43:06 am »
When I originally suggested an "Elite" style traffic radar display, I was actually thinking of the old Elite, where there was a thick blue line going up/down with a sideways blob on the end.

Maybe James could put a switch in for new/old style.  :D

tedflyer

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2017, 12:23:09 pm »
hi Deker, the dark colours on a white background would be great in the cockpit. Is it possible to "borrow" your beta?  ted