Author Topic: Pop up mode C red circle, analysing after flight, glider sights/sites  (Read 9482 times)

neilmurg

Re: Pop up mode C red circle, analysing after flight, glider sights/sites
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2017, 06:58:30 pm »
yes I know ;D

Admin

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2017, 07:10:03 pm »
yes I know ;D

Ok, so I was confused by your statement about
Distinct aircraft
I presumed you meant an ICAO code

Thx
Lee

neilmurg

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2017, 09:22:22 pm »
It's a good point, the mode C contacts were at very different times in the flight so I assumed they were different aircraft.
It has made me think I should enable the sound. though.

Paul_Sengupta

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2017, 12:07:20 am »
UK, may not have wanted to take avoiding action, it would have messed up his spelling 😜
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/g-buwk#d92b078
lol, that was him? He seems to be using the hex for G-TECC, OR they were flying as a pair to Rougham?

Yep, Richard (WK) (Whisky Kilo Wanderer on Flyer) and Nic (CC) (Champ Chump on Flyer) fly everywhere together, in separate aeroplanes.

CC is an Aeronca Champ.

They've both now got PilotAware. Nic has hers as a radio backpack on a toy bear...

Paul_Sengupta

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2017, 12:15:04 am »

exfirepro

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2017, 09:29:25 am »

They've both now got PilotAware. Nic has hers as a radio backpack on a toy bear...

Very enterprising, Cute, cuddly and practical ! ! - have you got a photo Paul?  :)

Regards

Peter

Paul_Sengupta

exfirepro

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2017, 09:04:50 am »
Thanks Paul,

Had a great weekend, solo through to Gigha on Saturday afternoon to meet up with other EOSM Club members who had flown out on Friday. Not much GA traffic around as WX was pretty horrendous but PAW kept me well informed of holding CAT around Lanark as Glasgow stacked them up all over the place waiting to get them in to land. Had to hold over Arran myself as I couldn't initially see a way through to the west coast, but climbed over broken cloud and rain to cross to Mull of Kintyre near the scene of the recent tragedy. PAW/SD kept me right on track and dropped me back through into Gigha sunshine.

Return trip yesterday, 5 aircraft - all PAW equipped and flying close together so I had to pull the audio as it was too bumpy to turn the volume down in Config in flight. I must get round to fitting a manual volume control as a couple of mates have done. I can see why others have asked for the ability to filter audio from 'Group' aircraft - that would certainly be worth considering Lee. PAW otherwise performed pretty well, though I did experience several rogue Mode C alerts. I will have to look at my log to see who they were from, but I was pretty much in level flight, so wouldn't have expected it from my own Mode C, though it was VERY bumpy. Further investigation required.

Regards to all

Peter

Admin

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2017, 10:13:46 am »
Hi Peter

Return trip yesterday, 5 aircraft - all PAW equipped and flying close together so I had to pull the audio as it was too bumpy to turn the volume down in Config in flight. I must get round to fitting a manual volume control as a couple of mates have done. I can see why others have asked for the ability to filter audio from 'Group' aircraft - that would certainly be worth considering Lee. PAW otherwise performed pretty well, though I did experience several rogue Mode C alerts. I will have to look at my log to see who they were from, but I was pretty much in level flight, so wouldn't have expected it from my own Mode C, though it was VERY bumpy. Further investigation required.

Filtering on GROUP is a great idea, I had not thought of that.
Of course this will not help in the case of
ADS-B, Mode-S, Mode-C

I was thinking of adding filter based upon ICAO code, so have something like a list of 5 to filter.
Formation flying is going to be an issue isn't it.

One thing I have added in the upcoming release is the ability to choose the ZONES for traffic alerting
- 3km, 5km, 10km
- 3km, 5km
- 3km
- None

Thx
Lee

neilmurg

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2017, 02:02:35 pm »
Yep, Richard (WK) (Whisky Kilo Wanderer on Flyer) and Nic (CC) (Champ Chump on Flyer) fly everywhere together, in separate aeroplanes.
Thanks for that Paul. I'll make more effort to have a chat next time. It was a busy day :-)

AlanG

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2017, 05:29:51 pm »
Hi Lee
Hi Peter

Filtering on GROUP is a great idea, I had not thought of that.
Of course this will not help in the case of
ADS-B, Mode-S, Mode-C

I was thinking of adding filter based upon ICAO code, so have something like a list of 5 to filter.
Formation flying is going to be an issue isn't it.

One thing I have added in the upcoming release is the ability to choose the ZONES for traffic alerting
- 3km, 5km, 10km
- 3km, 5km
- 3km
- None

Thx
Lee

Peter and I had this problem when flying in close proximity several times during the Mode S testing etc. and still is an annoyance when flying in formation.   We are both ADS-B out so from what you are saying regarding the zones is it purely PAW alerts that we are getting constantly and only ADS-B, Mode C/S if we stray far enough apart to trigger another zone bust.  If that is the case then hopefully the ability to filter voice alerts on the Pawgroup (i.e. same group ignored) would be the answer.

Regards
Alan

neilmurg

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2017, 12:42:08 am »
Just 2 follow up questions if I may:
1  How can I see from the track log which contacts were PAW rather than ADS-B, is it all 'GPS' targets?
2  If I stop receiving Mode C (just get Mode S), will that stop the occasional red circle ghosts?

When I replayed my track I don't think I got a replay of the red circle bearingless targets on screen. But I can't swear to it