Author Topic: How to stop transmissions  (Read 3869 times)

julianwebb

How to stop transmissions
« on: June 17, 2016, 02:12:39 pm »
Dear All

Just got my PAW and had it up and running within 30 mins and really pleased with the functions in the software a lot of thought has gone into this.

My only question is how do I stop the transmissions as will be ADS-B out soon and I don't want to be showing up as two aircraft. I don't think I can just remove the antenna and there does not appear to be anything in the software?

Thanks

Admin

Re: How to stop transmissions
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 02:33:14 pm »
Hi Julian,

Great news you are up and running.

I'm not sure I understand your concern, what do you mean by
I don't want to be showing up as two aircraft

Do you mean on another PilotAware unit receiving your transmissions ?
If so, this is not an issue, you simply need to ensure you use same ICAO code in PilotAware, as the code allocated to your transponder.
PilotAware will detect the P3I and ADS-B transmission, and recognise that the ICAO code is the same, and provide only one representation to the Navigation Software.

In fact internally it uses information from both data streams, so if for example you have allocated a GroupID in your PilotAware settings, this is recognised by all other PilotAware units, even though internally it may be using your ADS-B or P3I data.

Thx
Lee
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 02:34:57 pm by Admin »

julianwebb

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 02:42:09 pm »
Ah Lee very cunning!

So I can transmit both ADS-B and PAW (not sure why I would need to? :-) ) but anyway I will only show up as one aircraft on a PAW so that should be OK.

PS we have a BBQ tomorrow and I am planning to show it to club members tomorrow. How many have been sold so far as I'm sure this will be a question.

Thanks

Admin

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 04:53:23 pm »
Ah Lee very cunning!

As cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University ?

So I can transmit both ADS-B and PAW (not sure why I would need to? :-) )

Ah well, lets just say - what if at some point in the future there was a very lightweight/lowpower version of PAW for a very very lightweight A/C, and to keep the weight at an absolute minimum this only had a P3I transceiver, well I am sure you would want it to see you right  ;)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 04:55:40 pm by Admin »

Vic

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2016, 05:39:41 pm »
what if at some point in the future there was a very lightweight/lowpower version of PAW for a very very lightweight A/C

Excellent Idea!  Every drone should be fitted with one! ;)

Robski

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 07:02:34 am »
So I can transmit both ADS-B and PAW (not sure why I would need to?  :) )
Because when it comes to conspicuity more is better?
Rob
If the good Lord had intended man to fly He would have given him more money.