Author Topic: Audio in flexwings  (Read 4459 times)

Paddy

Audio in flexwings
« on: June 14, 2016, 10:20:11 am »
Has anyone tried setting up audio in a flexwing? I have a classic, a micro air panel mounted and fly com helmets. Anyone know if I could get audio warnings with this setup?

peastlake

Re: Audio in flexwings
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 12:39:45 pm »
Works in mine! I feed both audio outputs from my PAW & iPad into a "splitter" cable & then into my Flycom BB1 (which has a phono socket added by Flycom for audio input). The PAW is not super loud - but any more volume would require an amplifier - it's good enough.

The photo shows the cables running from the PAW/iPad on top of the pod down to the BB1 sitting on the keel behind the instrument panel.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 12:46:19 pm by peastlake »

AlanG

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 12:42:52 pm »
Hi Paddy

I've been trying to set up Audio in to my Flycom helmet in a flexwing direct from my tablet initially as I started before the Audio out was available direct from the PAW.  I was trying to get the audio alerts from EasyVFR.  I used the passenger socket on the Flycom intercom which feeds a Trig panel mounted radio. I have had some success with a bluetooth receiver plugged into this socket and paired to the tablet but the first trials, although it did work quite well, the start of each alert was clipped because the Bluetooth device needed to "wake up" from its battery saving mode.  This has now hopefully been remedied by the developers of EVFR by introducing a selectable "Bleep" prior to the voice alerts.  I just havn't had the opportunity to test this in flight yet.  Seems OK on the ground without other radio traffic in the background.  I could of course have opted to hard wire the tablet to the intercom but am trying to reduce the amount of cables required as it's a syndicate aircraft and not confirmed yet if all partners are happy to have this system permanently wired in.   Also of course this is only possible if no passenger is using the intercom.  I still need to find a way to possibly split this feed.

Hope this helps
Alan

Paddy

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 12:10:25 am »
Thanks guys.

Peastlake , BB1? Got a photo?

Alan, keep me posted on your progress - I regularly fly with my partner and she might catch on I'm not listening to her ;D

peastlake

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 06:09:03 am »
A BB1 is the standard Flycom intercom box, used to connect their headsets together, and with a radio/PTT, and supply power. I might have got it's name a bit wrong! When Dave owned Flycom there was an option of adding a phono input jack to it, but I can't see it on the current website (although one of the pictures does show the connections):-

http://www.flycom.co.uk/products_detail.php?ProductID=16

http://www.flycom.co.uk/page.php?Custom%20Pages=6

« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 12:41:51 pm by peastlake »