Author Topic: "Sold" another three tonight (and another FLARM request)  (Read 3320 times)

Paul_Sengupta

"Sold" another three tonight (and another FLARM request)
« on: June 13, 2016, 11:27:43 pm »
Took my PAW down to my Andover Strut general fly-chat night tonight, and I think at least three more people are sold on the concept. One has Runway HD on an iPad, first time I'd seen that particular piece of software with traffic. Anyway, said tablet owner is part of the "system" at Boscombe Down. The military have been fitting FLARM, and he asked me if it was possible to interface the FLARM unit to the PAW, like I've suggested before. However, unlike my FLARM unit, he said his was a small unit with a micro USB socket on it. Mine is an older one which has RS232 out, I don't know what this thing has. I might need to go and have a look sometime.

Haven't had mine fixed yet, I'll have to make arrangements.

Keithvinning

Re: "Sold" another three tonight (and another FLARM request)
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 12:12:00 am »
Hi Paul
Nice work . Did you get to understand who in the military is fitting flarm
I understand that the motor gliders at Lynton on Ouse have them fitted as they mix with the chaps from Sutton Bank but have you uncovered something else

Keith

Paul_Sengupta

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 08:52:56 am »
Gliders, motor gliders and any light aircraft which use RAF stations, Grobs and flying club aircraft as I understand it.

roweda

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 09:43:41 am »
I understand that BBMF also have FLARM fitted.

Dave