Author Topic: SOLVED! USB G Mouse  (Read 4195 times)

Richard

SOLVED! USB G Mouse
« on: June 12, 2016, 02:28:41 pm »
Just a Quick Question.... When using the GMouse GPS, do the USB ports need changing in the Configuration page From Auto to GPS and Bound rate to  ????
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 04:38:32 pm by Richard »
Richard.
Europa XS

Admin

Re: USB G Mouse
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 02:47:27 pm »
Hi Richard

Do you mean the one supplied by PilotAwareHardware ?
If so, there is no cofiguration required, it auto configures

The configration is only for devices that present themselves as a generic re232 device, such as the pl2303

You can see what usb devices are present, by looking on the hotspot home page, they are listed at the bottom

Thx
Lee

Richard

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 04:37:14 pm »
Thank you Lee, Yes it is the one like on the PAW website.... I just asked as I have tried one of them in the aircraft and it kept dropping out  (Searching for GPS) The GPS dongle works OK. May be I have a faulty one (I got it From China) when you recommended them months back. I will try a different G Mouse to see if works (I Got 2 at the time I ordered them)
Richard.
Europa XS

Admin

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 05:20:56 pm »
Thank you Lee, Yes it is the one like on the PAW website.... I just asked as I have tried one of them in the aircraft and it kept dropping out  (Searching for GPS) The GPS dongle works OK. May be I have a faulty one (I got it From China) when you recommended them months back. I will try a different G Mouse to see if works (I Got 2 at the time I ordered them)

So here is a funny thing.
I had a bunch of these sent over from China months ago, and one of them loses lock when I go above 30mph ????
I was in contact with U-Blox in Switzerland, but never got to the bottom of that issue

Thx
Lee

exfirepro

Re: SOLVED! USB G Mouse
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 09:08:20 pm »
Richard,

I use the g-mouse as my standard gps. I have 2, bought from a UK eBay site. One is fitted in the plane and I use the other one in the car and/or at home. They appear exactly the same as the ones supplied by PAWHardware. I have used them for over 6 months now and I have (touching wood) never had any problems with either of them.

Regards

Peter

Richard

Re: SOLVED! USB G Mouse
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 09:18:05 pm »
Thank you Peter. I will try again to see if it drops again.
Richard.
Europa XS