Author Topic: Using " original " Pi B+ as a target to test New Classic Audio  (Read 3245 times)

dougblair

I have a new and successfully updated Classic that I hope to portably install . I am based at Mona in N Wales.  I have several original PiB+ units.  I also have a bridge.

I have a panel hole where an ADF came from.  This gives me a means of feeding protected  power ( via usb 12v adaptor ) and a means of feeding the Pi Classic audio into the intercom.

I could do with a target to trigger a warning in the Pi Classic. Using the token supplied with the bridge ( thanks PAW team ) I will tie the license to the mac of the original PiB+ and thus maybe waste the token for use with a Pi 2b.  I have refreshed my Beta licenses.

The questions :- 

1. If I download the latest software to the Pi B+ plus  bridge ( which from another forum answer will work )  can I use the refreshed license code for full Pi B+ functionality.

2. How does the "on the ground " feature that I assume blanks on the ground targets work ?   Will this defeat my test intentions.

Thanks
Doug

Admin

Re: Using " original " Pi B+ as a target to test New Classic Audio
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 10:02:57 am »
Hi Doug

1. If I download the latest software to the Pi B+ plus  bridge ( which from another forum answer will work )  can I use the refreshed license code for full Pi B+ functionality.
Yes you can.

2. How does the "on the ground " feature that I assume blanks on the ground targets work ?   Will this defeat my test intentions.
Actually the only feature that has been added, is to test Mode-S data to see if the Mode-S DF17 data is defined as AIRBORNE or GROUND, so it will not affect what you are trying to do.

Thx
Lee