Author Topic: CollisionAware Dropout / Disconnect  (Read 33578 times)

schweboo

Re: CollisionAware Dropout / Disconnect
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2016, 11:24:08 am »
Lee

I do use a GPS dongle as recommended. My IPad mini is WIFI only and does not have a GPS chip.

Best regards

Chris

Admin

« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2016, 01:15:51 pm »
I do use a GPS dongle as recommended. My IPad mini is WIFI only and does not have a GPS chip.
Hi Chris,
I am a bit confused because you said this...
Either CollisionAware connects and then disconnects,

You only run CollisioAware when you do not have a GPS dongle, ie these GPS sources are mutually exclusive.
I wonder if this is your problem ?

I should probably put something in the software to ignore CollisionAware, if a GPS dongle is present
Thx
Lee

schweboo

« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2016, 01:47:42 pm »
I will be more specific! I have a GPS USB dongle on my RPI, which runs PAW. This is the only GPS source on my IPAD mini. My understanding is that Collision Aware feeds GPS and ADS-B data from my RPI to Sky Demon.

I have also tried the NMEA GPS app, using the settings recommended on this thread. All I get in the spinning IOS icon telling me it is waiting for something, but SkyDemon does show little white planes and my location anyway. I am new to all of this and will now go back to the documentation to see what I have missed...

I also have a Dual GPS which I could use instead of the USB GPS, but have not yet worked out how to make that work with PAW and Sky Demon.

Admin

« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2016, 02:15:42 pm »
I will be more specific! I have a GPS USB dongle on my RPI, which runs PAW. This is the only GPS source on my IPAD mini. My understanding is that Collision Aware feeds GPS and ADS-B data from my RPI to Sky Demon.

I have also tried the NMEA GPS app, using the settings recommended on this thread. All I get in the spinning IOS icon telling me it is waiting for something, but SkyDemon does show little white planes and my location anyway. I am new to all of this and will now go back to the documentation to see what I have missed...

I also have a Dual GPS which I could use instead of the USB GPS, but have not yet worked out how to make that work with PAW and Sky Demon.

Hi Chris,
Just to be clear, if you have a USB GPS Dongle, you should not run CollisionAware.
CollisionAware is an app to share the GPS data from your IOS device to PAW.
In your case PAW has its own GPS source in the dongle, therefore CollisionAware should
definitely not be used.

I will fix the software so when a GPS dongle is detected, PAW ignores the GPS data coming from CollisionAware.

Thx
Lee