Author Topic: CollisionAware Dropout / Disconnect  (Read 33584 times)

Admin

Re: CollisionAware Dropout / Disconnect
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2015, 06:20:22 pm »
I have improved CollisionAware so that if it disconnects, it immediatley tries to reconnect,
and continues attempting reconnects.
This should help with the transitional dropouts.

I have uploaded to the iTunes store, but unfortunately it usually takes about 10 days
to get through Apple procedures

Alan Walker

« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2015, 06:54:17 pm »
Thanks Lee

John Parker

« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2015, 08:49:26 am »
Morning
I though I would try this mnae app. I can't complete the configuration. Am I missing something please.

Thanks John

Admin

« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2015, 09:05:22 am »
Morning
I though I would try this mnae app. I can't complete the configuration. Am I missing something please.

Thanks John

Hi John
There is a conflict when using this App which I have yet been unable to resolve :-(
In the last version 20150912, when PilotAware was connected, SD, RunwayHD were unable to connect to their respective servers because the 3G connection was disabled.

By enabling the 3G connection, this app is no longer able to send its co-ordinate information to PilotAware.

I thought it was more important to have the 3G connection working, based upon the fact this app performed the same function as CollisionAware

so for the time being, please ignore this app and continue to use CollisionAware.
iTunes will hopefully release collisionAware 0.3 shortly, which is very robust and re-creates
a TCP connection if it is temporarily disconnected.

Apologies for the confusion.
Thx
Lee

John Parker

« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2015, 09:28:54 am »
Thanks

Admin

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2015, 09:54:06 am »
quick Follow up  :)

I investigated this, and it can be done, here are the settings you need to make in NMEAgps
under the settings Menu

NMEA WI-FI SERVER
Active : on
Server Protocol : UDP no broadcast
Server Port : 2001
Target Ip for UDP : 192.168.1.1

Screenshot below

stephenmelody

« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2015, 03:54:42 pm »
Hey Lee,

after waiting for the delivery fairies to turn up, here's my current test rig, at home on the mains power:

Cable:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B010XWJBSQ

Power Supply:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00K0LBMWE

I'm hoping this will remove any chances of power being an issue. I've set up the iPad and CollisionAware connected to PilotAware at 15:55pm today.

I'm going to head out in a couple of hours but will check to see if it's still up between now and then.

Cheers,

Steve.

stephenmelody

« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2015, 04:31:35 pm »
CollisionAware disconnected (blue bar at top gone and slider to "off") at 16:30...  :'( :'( :'(

Admin

« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2015, 04:48:12 pm »
Hi Stephen

Your setup looks excellent, good power supply and cable.
There are issues with CollisionAware, I have submitted a new release to iTunes, but awaiting their review
to complete.

In parallel I have been testing a USB/GPS dongle, and I have been getting very good results.
Having the USB connected to PilotAware - removes the issue regarding CollisionAware.

As soon as CollisionAware(0.3) is available, please update and let me know if this improves matters

Thx
Lee

brinzlee

« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2015, 04:55:08 pm »
I am having exactly the same issue with it dropping out when next to routers on the same frequency which happen to be over at the airport.....In fact when I'm at the flying club their router is so powerful it prevents me from even trying to connect to the pi hotspot even when its 40 meters away.....at home I have no issues !! Is there anyway to change the wifi channel number out of curiosity on the software

stephenmelody

« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2015, 05:03:52 pm »
Hi Stephen

Your setup looks excellent, good power supply and cable.
There are issues with CollisionAware, I have submitted a new release to iTunes, but awaiting their review
to complete.

In parallel I have been testing a USB/GPS dongle, and I have been getting very good results.
Having the USB connected to PilotAware - removes the issue regarding CollisionAware.

As soon as CollisionAware(0.3) is available, please update and let me know if this improves matters

Thx
Lee

Cheers Lee,

I'll wait for the new version of CollisionAware, see if that helps things out.

Appreciate all your work.

SM.

falcoguy

« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2015, 08:08:52 pm »
John Parker and I have had numerous issues with the collisionaware app dropping out, locking up etc.
As suggested by Lee we have converted to NMEA gps - bingo - stable and good.
We have also had issues with the SD cards not being reliably formatted which we have resolved.
Tonight we have two very reliable units and we have undertaken successful drive by tests on P3i.
We have two more units ready to go
Result
Dave t

Admin

« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2015, 08:44:38 pm »
John Parker and I have had numerous issues with the collisionaware app dropping out, locking up etc.
As suggested by Lee we have converted to NMEA gps - bingo - stable and good.
We have also had issues with the SD cards not being reliably formatted which we have resolved.
Tonight we have two very reliable units and we have undertaken successful drive by tests on P3i.
We have two more units ready to go
Result
Dave t

Very pleased to hear that  :)
i think the next release of CollisionAware 0.3 will solve a lot of these issues
I have also been using a ublox7 and it is working great

Thx
Lee
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 08:46:42 pm by Admin »

Etheav8r

« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2015, 09:26:54 pm »
How do we determine which version of CollisionAware we have installed?

Admin

« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2015, 09:30:06 pm »
How do we determine which version of CollisionAware we have installed?

That is a good question!
No idea
But it is probably 0.2, the version in QA is 0.3
Thx
Lee